Home Sports Talk
Options

ESPN: Give up this "Chasing Aaron" Crap!!

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
I thought "BondsCenter" would end once Potatohead passed the Bambino, but NOOOOOOOO!!!!

We get "Chasing Aaron" updates after every Bonds homer, which thankfully, are rare these days.

ESPN, grab a clue ---- nobody gives a crap, and he ain't catching Aaron this year, and he likely will never catch Aaron. He's so crippled, he will be lucky to end up with 730! And if his legs don't do him in, the impending steriod fallout will.

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I think he gets there if it's really important to him. He can always go DH in the AL if it comes to that, and I think he's probably got another 35 HR's or so in him if he's really committed to extracting them.

I'd actually like to see him pass Aaron PROVIDED that he does it on a road trip. I'd pay big money to see Bud The Weenie have to swallow his medicine and go down on the field and contragulate this monster while the fans are booing and throwing batteries.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who in the AL would sign him? He's Kryptonite to any team's reputation.

I don't think even KC is that desperate (check that, yes they are, but Bonds is not).
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Who in the AL would sign him? He's Kryptonite to any team's reputation.

I don't think even KC is that desperate (check that, yes they are, but Bonds is not). >>

I think most teams would sign him. He may be an ass, but he'll put fannies in the seats if he gets past 740. If the price is right I don't think many teams in the AL would pass up a chance to acquire him.
  • Options
    The Yankees would take him in a heart beat.
  • Options
    would anyone be surprised if that happened?
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>would anyone be surprised if that happened? >>

Not at all. Bonds is an embarassment to baseball and Selig would love to get him out of the game somehow right away
    if he could but I don't see that happening.

• Options
    fab4fab4 Posts: 280 ✭✭
    i think selig is an embarrasment to baseball. i would love to see bonds do it for that reason. i have a feeling when this steroid issue finally shakes out, a lot of people are going to be surprised with the names that surface. a few will be innocent but once the accusation is made no matter what is true these players will be branded.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Let's not forget there is actually a probe going on ... he may not be able to finish the season.

I have my fingers crossed.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Red Sox would not take him. They sell 100% of the seats for 100% of the games, no help there. They have David Ortiz at DH, no help there. They have Manny in left field, so no help there. Plus, why would Bonds want to play somewhere such as Boston that would require him to hit the ball some distance to right to get a home run. NYY would be a more fitting home -- he'd only have to hit pop fly balls down the line for home runs there.

Edit to add: Truth is I think Bonds is a sack of sh*t and agree that ESPN should never show his at bats unless they are part of the televised game.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even I agree it is stupid. Bonds has zero shot of breaking that record this season.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>The Yankees would take him in a heart beat. >>

I totally dissagree. He is already hated in NY for passing Ruth, so he will get no love, and he certainly isnt needed to put fannys in the seats. No way, no how, no chance would they take him.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>I thought "BondsCenter" would end once Potatohead passed the Bambino, but NOOOOOOOO!!!!

We get "Chasing Aaron" updates after every Bonds homer, which thankfully, are rare these days.

ESPN, grab a clue ---- nobody gives a crap, and he ain't catching Aaron this year, and he likely will never catch Aaron. He's so crippled, he will be lucky to end up with 730! And if his legs don't do him in, the impending steriod fallout will. >>

I had a hard time getting past the "potatohead" crack. That is probably the funniest thing I have read so far regarding Bonds!image
  • Options
    I have to chime in about KC here also. The new GM, Dayton Moore, has been asked this before (yep, barely even 1 week into the job), and he stated that the Royals would not pursue a one-dimensional player in this stage of the teams development, like Barry Bonds.

....we already have too many one-dimensional players!image

....I'm also not quite sure what "stage" of development we're in ---- I didn't know "suck" was a stage in the development of a team....but hey, we're on a roll with 4 straight wins!