Home Sports Talk

Idiot Steeler 'Fans'

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
Apparently, the woman who was driving the car that big ben plowed into, has been the victim of numerous phone calls, many threatening her.

Anyone else here this? And is anyone else as disgusted that people lower themselves to this?

Comments

• bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I visited Pittsburgh for the first time this easter holiday, and I thought it was a really great place with superb people. I dont think those who have made threats to this woman represent the city whatsoever. The actions of a few whackaloons should not tarnish the reputation of all the good people there.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• There are always those nutjobs that deem themselves a part of the team and think that it's proper to harass/threaten someone who was simply in an accident. It doesn't represent the majority but it happens. I'm disgusted because she was in an accident, and she gets threatened because of it?! It's not like she ran him off the road purposefully. He crashed headfirst into her windshield...sounds like some people weren't watching traffic imo.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are whackaloons in every city.

Mitch Williams got death threats from a few wonderful Phillies fans after the 93 WS. As if giving up the home run to Joe Carter was not torture enough for him!
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I thought the accident was Ben's fault - in any event, the people calling and harrassing this woman are idiots, and I am sure they are not representative of Pittsburgh or Steeler fans as a whole.
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Best new nickname for the Steelers QB, from profootballtalk.com

Ben Toothlisberger image
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    By no means was I trying to paint all fans of the Steelers in this group.

• << <i>Best new nickname for the Steelers QB, from profootballtalk.com

Ben Toothlisberger image >>

Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Anyone else here this?

No, I did not 'here' that.

Steve
    Good for you.
    Oh christ WP...this place was so enjoyable without you.

I made a spelling error! Stop the presses!

Get a life.
  • it's her own fault for not reading my posts.. i did say she should consider moving away quickly.....
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not suprised at all about this, I think the same thing would happen in New England if it were Brady.
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>in any event, the people calling and harrassing this woman are idiots >>

i agree..
    ·p_A·
    Oh christ WP...this place was so enjoyable without you.

I made a spelling error! Stop the presses!

Get a life.

I guess that means that you have no life. You are the first guy here to pounce on people when they make mistakes. I figured since you are the one that gives english lessons all the time that maybe it was time for you to go back to school.
    Heck you have even gone so far as PM'd me when I make a spelling mistake.

Pot meet kettle.

Steve
    Good for you.
    WP-

I am going to say this as in as little words as possible to make sense to you.

Go. Now.

Back to the topic at hand, heard on tv a perfect idea: why doesn't Ben come out and say this lady had no fault, and that to simply leave her alone? Why is he silent?
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>By no means was I trying to paint all fans of the Steelers in this group. >>

Then why the hell did you NAME THE THREAD "Idiot Steeler fans" ?????? image
    Ax, you are as fake as a three dollar bill image Mr BACK TRACKER

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

Please tell me where I said ALL Steeler Fans are Idiots?

Are the people harrassing her steeler fans? Yes.
    Are they idiots? Yes.

So the title's valid.
    the only idiot is you axhole.

now, next time you feel the need to correct someone think back to this thread. How you confused the word 'here' and 'hear' and allow that person some slack. Then maybe people won't be as hard on you when you too make a mistake.

and as for going now, you know what you can do?

Steve
    Good for you.
    it's been my impression that all citys have idiot fans..
    ·p_A·
    WP-

I typed up the message and wasn't focusing on the message I was posting.
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>it's been my impression that all citys have idiot fans.. >>

some cities do too image
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

<< <i>some cities do too image >>

the new spelling is "citys".. i maintain that i am correct.. image
    ·p_A·
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>some cities do too image >>

the new spelling is "citys".. i maintain that i am correct.. image >>

i like the look of city's better image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

<< <i>i like the look of city's better image >>

i like the look of tittys, errr.. i mean titties better..
    ·p_A·
  • DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Regardless, Ben is apparently comfortable with his interests, and does not recognize the risk factor involved in pursuing same. He is a young man. Hope he mends, learns, and gets back to the game. He put himself at risk and needs to mitigate this type of stuff if he wants a long term income in the NFL. Oherwise, he may end up selling vacumns.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
    ............or dead.

SD
    Good for you.
    He's on record as saying he won't ride anymore without a helmet...I wonder how much of that is just lip service, and I wonder how much is true recognition of the responsibility he has.

perhaps he should get his license first.

SD
    Good for you.