Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Can anyone tell me the closing date for Registry awards at PCGS?

I thought it's the 30th-- Is that correct?image
morgannut2

Comments

• Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Yes. June 30th 11:59:59pm GMT ( image ) is the last second to make an entry.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help RBin!image
    morgannut2
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Isn't it human nature to want to be recognized as having achieved something? Look at all the "awards" in the world. Oscars, Grammy's, Tony's, Emmy's, etc., etc., etc.,

Sure, many don't want recognition but I think (purely on a non-coin level) it's understandable that those that do as well as those that do it purely for the competitive factor are at least "normal" - don't you agree Laura?
  • Options
    i've been adding to my fs jeff 5c sets here and there. when i got the e-mail about the awards thing, i went and saw my sets were 70% and 74% complete. in order to get to the 75% minimum for consideration, i went shopping on e-bay and bought the 4 2005 sf coins to bump up the later date set and a piece of crap for the earlier set. spent $100., and have no idea if i'm even in the running for the new set award. i never would have bought the 2004 or 2005 jeff's if they weren't included in the registry, but i also would not spend much money on hi-graded pieces or circulation strikes either. they're just fillers to me.

do i care? not much, but $100. worth, and an award is cool. better than no award. recognition is always nice.