Home Sports Talk
Options

Hats off to "The Gambler"

First in the American League to 10 wins, although Shilling has the chance to tie him up tonight. He won his 10th this year, and the 200th game of his career. About a year ago, he was the most hated man in sports after his run-in with a cameraman, but Kenny Rogers is probably the catalyst of the great pitching of the Tigers thus far this season, his leadership was just what the young pitchers needed. He was a great pick up for the Tigers this year, and just hope he can keep it up. Also, 8 Tiger HRs today help a ton, and they spoiled the first start of the season for Prior. Good to see Granderson hitting quite well, great to see Shelton popped out two homers today, and Marcus Thames is hitting the cover off the ball. Things are great in the D!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Congrats to Kenny Rogers for his 200th Career Win!! I've always been a fan of his, and I can't believe he only has won 200. He's still going strong at 40+ though!
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at the Cubs / Tigers game today. Prior had nothing. Besides all of the HR's there were many hard hit outs and singles. Prior almost got hit in the head in the first inning with a bullet through the box. Those Tigers can hit.
    Mike
    Bosox1976