Home Sports Talk
Options

BJ. Upton

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
Under arrest for driving impaired early in the morning. This kid better get his act together or he is going to throw away a possible great carrer in the Bigs. These kids just dont know how fortunate they are, its a shame.

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Under arrest for driving impaired early in the morning. This kid better get his act together or he is going to throw away a possible great carrer in the Bigs. These kids just dont know how fortunate they are, its a shame. >>

He was doing 20 over and blew a .11, which despite what the state may tell you barely even qualifies as drunk. It's very easy to blow this stuff out of proportion, especially when you consider that he didn't do anything that most of us didn't do at least 100 times in college.
  • Options
    Anyone else find it odd that the Devil Rays seem to be having a bad run of luck with their top prospects? First Josh Hamilton and the drugs, then Delmon Young and the bat incident and now Upton and the DUI. Maybe the D'Rays should look into some sort of counselling for their minor leaguers.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 % my bad, I actually forgot that Delmon Young was the bat thrower not Upton. I only posted because of that. Yea I agree about driving when I probably shouldn't have myself on a number of ocasions as well, not throwing stones. I got them mixed up and thought He was the one out on suspension for the bat incident and then gets jammed up with this.
  • Options
    Lotsa money, lotsa prestige, they're "idols" among a certain population......age 22 or 23 is a deadly combination!!