Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1982 Topps Football Mystery

Hi,

In putting together a list for a 1982 San Diego Chargers Team Set I noticed that #232 or #240 do not exist in the population report. I was assuming that these cards exist in the set and PSA just hasn't graded a copy yet. If someone knows, please let me know, either what players cards #232 or #240 are or that they don't exist in the set. Thanks, Mike.

Comments

• tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭
    Yes they do exist ! #232 is Gary Johnson and #240 is Doug Wilkerson. Psa probably has not graded a copy of these two cards yet is why they arent showing up in the Pop Report. I know I have run into the same problem with several different years.

• Ok great. Thanks for the info. Now I can submit the Team Set for the registrty. Mike.

P.S. It looks like Pete Rose got the better end of that fight.
  • HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Hey, Mike! Are you the owner of the "Michael W. Moore" Kirby Pucket Set Registry?! If so, congratuluations on putting together such a nice set. We've gone head-to-head on a few auctions, but I won't be completing the set as soon as it appears you will be! I rely heavily on JustSnipe to put my bids in. Work keeps me too occupied otherwise.

Keep up the good work!

• HoofHearted: Yes it's me. Which Puckett set is yours? Thanks for the praise. With Eric Smith (congrats on Basic win for 2006) and Jason Deyo going head-to-head all the time, I'm happy to be in 3rd place on the Basic and Master Sets. I find on some of the player sets it's still fun to have a nice set and be #2 or #3. I doubt I'll be challenging for #1 in the Puckett sets until at least 2009 image Maybe by then I can sneak up on them.

Michael W. Moore
    I've got "Borch's Kirby Kollection" going in the basic and master sets. Currently I'm just trying to get through my raw cards to find enough PSA9/10-quality to send in on the current special.

I've been in contact with Jason, but had never heard Eric's name before. I'm assuming he's "porkchopper4", correct? It's quite a competitive group of Kirby collectors! I just wait for some PSA9 cards to filter down to me usually...
  • Hoofharted:

Yes we've defintely met up in an Ebay auction or two! I was going to ask what the numbers meant in the comments section of your registry set. I figure it's a code of some kind, if it's a secret code then no problem. Also, yes Eric Smith is the "porkchopper4." He also has a really nice 1985 Topps Baseball set going.

Good Luck on the "Kirby Kollection"

Mike.

<< <i>Hoofharted:

Yes we've defintely met up in an Ebay auction or two! I was going to ask what the numbers meant in the comments section of your registry set. I figure it's a code of some kind, if it's a secret code then no problem. Also, yes Eric Smith is the "porkchopper4." He also has a really nice 1985 Topps Baseball set going.

Good Luck on the "Kirby Kollection"

Mike. >>

Hey, 'cardcloset,

The numbers are just the date I received the card. I see you've bid on a '83Fritsch PSA9 of Kirby! Hope you get it! I bought mine raw off eBay in July of last year and subbed it myself. I got lucky with a 9!

Good luck getting the Fritsch!