Home Metal Detecting
Options

Fisher 1280-X Aquanaut

Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
I have this detector Fisher 1280-X Aquanaut That says its leakproof up to a depth of 250 feet. Anyone know anything about this unit, any experience with it?
Dan

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good machine. I used one back in the late 1990s, though I used it more on land than in the water. Found my oldest coin with it, actually, on a dry land site.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Thanks lordmarcovan, I bought this on ebay a while back. So far I have only played with it around the yard. But living in just outside Atl. its not that far from the gold belt in N. GA., and should be many places to look for civil war relics here. Then theres the beaches on the Atlantic coast Savannah and Brunswick. The Gulf of Mexico is also only about a four hour drive. You see a lot of beach detecting, but not many that go out into the water. Thanks again.. Dan.
    Dan
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Then theres the beaches on the Atlantic coast Savannah and Brunswick. >>

Well, I live in Brunswick, and used mine on the beaches at St. Simons Island.

Found a couple of nice rings with it, near the lighthouse.

And this, on the northern end of the island.

Look me up when you're down this way.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Fantastic find, thats what I like, a little history being brought back to life.
    Dan