Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Anyone Watching the NBA Finals?

Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
This may be the shortest thread in history!

I've watched the games. It's been a "tale of two cities" - each doing it to the other with a hometown advantage.

My advice to Shaq? True shooting FTs with your eyes closed. image

mike
Mike

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I was quite shocked to see Miami dominate tonight.

Wade puts up 42 in game 3 and Dallas still should have won...figured Dallas would win tonight, and probably game 5, too.

Now, Shaq and Co. are playing with confidence, I see them being able to now take game 5, dallas winning game 6, and it all being on the line for game 7. It truly has been a tall of two cities...Miami has been completely different at home than on the road.
  • Options
    Everyone hates Shaq, I do not, I am pulling for him and Wade, although I hate basketball and have not watched a game yet!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Mavericks!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    This series has less intrigue than The World Series of Needlepoint, even at 2-2, but no Finals ever gets interesting 'til Game 5 anyway....Look for an incredible Game 7 as Dwayne Wade single-handedly sends every Dallas fan home crying in their 10-Gallon Hats....I wanna see Shaq Daddy hoist another trophy, and he's a much better interviewee than Dirt, er Dirk....Go Heat!
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I don't like basketball so... no
    Travis
  • Options
    I've flipped over just to get the store, but that's about it.
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Let's Go Heat!

Yeah, I've watched. It's very jeckyl and hyde with Miami it seems. But, they are going to have to win this next one or the heat is on Miami!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I am rooting for the Mavericks for one reason, Mark Cuban. He took a crappy franchise and made it golden. He treats his players great and doesn't believe that losing every single year is acceptable. Also, I think the way he basically tells David Stern to stick it, is awesome.
  • Options
    I'm rooting for Dallas. With Shaq with Miami, I see the series as David vs. Goliath.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    It is a good series. It's not all hometown. It is the NBA. Nowvitski must mend his ankles. Dallas can win this despite the homecourt if they can pull it together. Two good, well coached teams. Gotta like Avery Johnson and the Reilly factor. It's not a tete-a-tete.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Cheering for my NC boy Stack. I've always been a fan of his; White Cocoas and Dirks. It's the 2 deepest teams in the league battling it out. Since neither teams are my favorites I'm going for the Mavs b/c well I don't I just like seeing a really really competitve and entertaining series!
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    I am rooting for Dallas. Up yours Pat Riley.
  • Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    I initially picked Dallas in 6. Now it's probably Dallas in 7.

Mark Jackson called Nowitzki a "taller Larry Bird". But did Bird ever go 2-14 from the floor in a Finals game? Dirk has still got a ways to go to get his game more consistent. You're not going to see Bird, Magic, Jordan etc shooting like that.

I'm also rooting for Cuban. He's got so much passion and energy for the league, his blog is very interesting.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    What a great Game 5 tonight. Flipping back and forth between the Red Sox and this game, but what a great finish. Howard has to be kicking himself for calling that TO, if not, then Avery Johnson is probably still yelling at him for it.

How great is Dwayne Wade? He made one big shot after another, and calmly sunk the winning free throws. At this point, I'd bet on a Game 7, with Miami winning a close one on the Mavs court Thursday night.
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've watched every game, first time in years that I've cared at all. It's all about Wade. You can have LeBron, Carmello, even Kobe, I love watching this guy play.

As for Dirk, I love watching him play, I wouldn't call him Larry Bird though. As for the question about the greats and Dirk shooting 2-14, go back and watch some 80's finals films. Magic lost the 1984 finals all by himself, shot terribly and turned the ball over in ways that you can't believe. In all it made him a better player, he came back determined to win and 1985 and really made himself a better scorer. In the 1985 and 1987 finals Bird had very bad shooting nights, don't forget that he missed the jumper after Magic hit the famous baby hook to put Lakers up in the 87 finals. In all, yes, they have all had bad shooting nights, everyone but Jordan that is.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    Shocking game tonight, wow.

Greg Anthony on the espn post game show made a great point that the only way to win the Finals is that you've got to close out games in the 4th. The Mavs inexperience killed them tonight with that Howard call.

I wonder what the next post on Cubans blog will be....
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    WADE = WOW!!!!!!!!! Miami fans, get ready to light up YOUR Cubans
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Things are definitely rockin' and rollin' here in South Florida!

Dwayne Wade is spec-friggin-tacular! He's done it since arriving in South Florida, but to do it under the pressure of the NBA Finals....WOW! Those two free throws were not even close to being missed. The confidence that this guy has in pressure situations is one of the main reasons that we'll be having a NBA Championship parade down Brickell Ave!

Well, at least I hope so! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    That was an unreal game to watch. As good as it gets. Dallas looked like they had it locked post halftime. Wade puts it on the line and it goes to OT. Shaq hack attack strategy takes him out. Gary Payton makes some contributions. No home court going on here, just great NBA b-ball. It ain't over.

• Options
    I am rooting for Dallas. Up yours Pat Riley.

Just live with the Dallas loss. I don't like Riley either but I am glad Zo won his 1st championship. Also it just proves that if you put Shaq on another team they can win the championship. Kobe's Lakers without Shaq is a nothing team. Kobe = Selfish and OVE
  • Options
    oh no.. is shaq gonna do that " can youuuuuuuu dig it" thing again?
  • Options
    yeah

• Options
    So when do the finals start?
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)