Home Sports Talk

Question for Phillie fans

How the heck did Bobby Abreu win a gold glove last year ?

He has to be one of the worst defensive right fielders i've seen in a while

The guy is deathly afraid of the wall for starters. Just in the games i've seen him play against the Mets this year he has looked just awful

Dave

Comments

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I have only one thing to say about Abreu...when the Phils put his name on the "FOR SALE" sign, don't forget to spell his name right!
    JS
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Abreu is one of those guys who will windup having a good statistical major league career, but who will never truly help his team win a pennant.
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    the HR derby had alot to do with it ... he is awful out there
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • I don't know much about him as a fielder, but I would take him in my batting order any day of the week.

• << <i>I think Abreu is one of those guys who will windup having a good statistical major league career, but who will never truly help his team win a pennant. >>

That about sums Abreu up
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
    Abreu puts up nice numbers when the Phillies are winning ... not when they need him, save a few games here and there.

Overrated and overpaid
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Neal:

I think Abreu legitimately used to be great. I think he used to be a lot better defensively, a lot quicker, and had a much better batting average. He certainly has slipped in the past year or two...

~ms
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
    yeah its amazing how many juicers...urrrrr great ball players there were a few years ago but now they are no longer in the
    newspaper. Personally Im ready for Dontrelle and some domination, and if it costs up Abreu or Rollins, Im ok with that...I have
    seen some great hitting Philly clubs in the past, but they haven't won rings, Im ready to see where great pitching takes you,,,ask
    the White Sox!

JS
  • How about Abreu and Bell for A-Rod and put Delluci in RF?
  • ^^
    lol, that'll never happen. Bell is past his prime and Abreu isn't worth A-Rod.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
    I saw a funny thing the other day..Vinny Castillo has only 3 homers this year....Im sure that has nothing to do with the roids ban!

I would even take Arod at this point!

JS
    Manuel needs to FIRED tomorrow.

I had heard that Pat Gillick will shake things up mid season, so here's hoping for a firing and a trade. Delucci can play.