Home Sports Talk

The Official Italy is going down thread

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
ahhhhh whaaats a madder with you......well to start you haven't had a haircut in years and you haven't taken a shower in months and your
greatest military victory was against Ethiopia. You think you can touch us in soccer? If you don't back off right now and hit the showers
we might run up the score and score 3 goals!

US starts world domination right now. Italy next and then Fongo or Tolga or whatever country wants us next.

U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A

JS

Comments

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I think it will be very tough for our boys to beat Italy. More power to them if they do....

m
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>I think it will be very tough for our boys to beat Italy. More power to them if they do....

m >>

This is the only response to what might be the biggest game for the US in world cup history?

Where are all those US soccer fans anyway? image
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    After the US takes Italy to the shed and lays the Italian suasage to them, there will be lots more "fans". Im thinking a 2-1 victory maybe
    even a 3-1 US victory!

JS
  • sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    The US has played in far more important games in the past. Specifically last World Cup. Beating a quality European opponent in Europe would be a huge step up in US credibility. They completely blew their first chance this cup.

When is the US National Football teams first game?

That said. Down with the Italians.
  • I hope to see Eddie Johnson and John O'Brien in the starting line up! They need to pull their head out their arse and play some ball. Go U.S.A.!!!
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    Sorry, but USA doesn't stand a chance. 3-0 Italy.

• << <i>Sorry, but USA doesn't stand a chance. 3-0 Italy. >>

joestalin feels the same way, that bet welcher is just trying (unsuccessfully) to be funny.
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I just put 40$ on USA to win pays back 240$ LOL media and refs want them to win right? more people will watch then!!

USA 3
    italy 1 image
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>ahhhhh whaaats a madder with you......well to start you haven't had a haircut in years and you haven't taken a shower in months and your
    greatest military victory was against Ethiopia. You think you can touch us in soccer? If you don't back off right now and hit the showers
    we might run up the score and score 3 goals!

US starts world domination right now. Italy next and then Fongo or Tolga or whatever country wants us next.

U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A

JS >>

Not to pick but didn't the Roman Empire have something to do with Italy, at least in a historic sense?

Quite a few larger than Ethiopia victories there.

I wisely married an Italian-American and can answer in the positive to the thread title...but it has nothing to do with soccer. image

In true American style, she shaves her pits and never smells like a goat. image

Gotta love the U.S. melting pot!

Oh, don't think the home country boys have a chance. Not with that sorry match earlier this week.
  • mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    If the US wins I'll shave my entire body.
    1-0 Italy. The smackdown has begun! image
    Yikes, an own goal followed by a red card! I guess the Italians wanted to keep the game close and entertaining image
    Red card to USA! Talk about throwing away a golden opportunity!
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I'm no fan of the U.S. but that was not a good call on that red to Mastroeni. The number of cards has been ridiculous all tournament. The NHL must've trained these officials.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage

Another US red.

Stupid officials.

Let these guys play.
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Where's Mark Cuban when you need him?

Whatta joke.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Wow, what an ugly game.
  • That has to be the worst ref in the world. At least the USA played a lot better. Beasly is playing bad. I wish they would have played Eddie Johnson. Go USA.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Nice to see that refs screw up soccer games too. I thought they only messed up basketball and football games! Should of been a 2-1 US
    victory, I thought scissors and deodorant played very well, the Italians had no answer for them! On to Ghana, easy win.....

JS

<< <i>Nice to see that refs screw up soccer games too. I thought they only messed up basketball and football games! Should of been a 2-1 US
    victory, I thought scissors and deodorant played very well, the Italians had no answer for them! On to Ghana, easy win.....

JS >>

That was on par with the Olympic Figure Skating judges.

• Is it time for instant replay in FIFA?

<< <i>Is it time for instant replay in FIFA? >>

Not in your lifetime. A second referee, NHL style, might be a positive step though.
  • jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    That had to be one of the worst called games I have ever seen in world cup play