Home Metal Detecting
Options

Last week goodie's

Well haven't got to get much lately due to I'm coaching both my daughter's in fast-pitch softball.I do have a few goodie's to post hereimage
Here is a group shot of it all,got a few marble's,42s merc and a gold cross marked 14k Italy.
Thank's for looking and HH,Tom

Comments

• Options
    Nice finds Tom!

The crucifix is very nice!

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Nice finds. What areas are you searching to find these items?

I have a good friend and neighbor who's house was built in 1845 and it sits on 4.5 acres of land. He lives 3 doors down from me and we live in the city and I am going to ask him if I can search his backyard.

He also owns an 88 acre black water cypress pond that served as a swimming area from the early 20's to mid 50's. I'm not real interested in seaching the water but I am interested in searching the banks for anything of value. It has remained undisturbed for at least as long as he has owned it which it 25 years.

I think it might be a gold mine that could keep me busy for quite a while.
  • Options
    nice gold!
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Great finds...HH and keep us up to date on your finds
  • Options
    There are a number of Merc's found here lately. Nice job, Tom, on the gold cross.
  • Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭
    Nice find image

I'm curious, how do the marbles show up on a detector? Do they have metal in them?
    I'm being serious image
  • Options

<< <i>Nice find image

I'm curious, how do the marbles show up on a detector? Do they have metal in them?
    I'm being serious image >>

Coinnut you know how many time's we get asked thatimageThere is a special setting on certain detector's for marble'simage

Okay seriously this is how there found.Some are dug while locating a metal target,dug out of privy's or trash pit's and some are just eyeballed while hunting demo site's.HH,Tom

P.S. thatnk's all for the replie's
  • Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭
    Thanks image