Home Stamps Forum
Options

Anybody get an email about 5% discount from Anthony's Stamps and Coins

Got an email the other day from this seller stating if you won any item from their eBay store, email back and you would receive a 5% discount. Well, I won, and now they say its only for their BIN as stated in the email. Email only mentioned any item in their eBay store and they have auctions and BINs in their store.

Just seeing if anyone else tried to take them up on their offer.

Comments

• Options
    I've never heard of him or done business with him. What's he go by on eBay?

Jerry

• Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    They go by anthonysstamps. Heres a link for their US stuff:
    anthonysstamps

They have over 22,000 positives and I've done past biz with them, but I'm just dissatisfied with them not following through their email.

Doug
  • Options
    They suck IMO! This another big ebay dealer that way overgrades and has some really inflated prices when matched with the quality of the stamp being sold. They sold me a 494 pair as "superb" mnh, it came back as an "XF-90" previously hinged, that had been "worked on"(PSE's quote) to look NH. They only offered to refund my bid price but not the cert cost or the $5.00 "shipping" cost. Amazing how much it costs to ship a pair of stamps that have a declared value under $50.00! Anyway if you gotten some decent stamps from them more power to ya, but they are in my top 10 crappy dealers list.
    Some other crappy sellers:
    gnmexstamps
    Oldestamps (unless they have changed their name again)
    wrexcwrex (this guy consistently uses a PSE or SMQ "estimate" to make his overgraded stamps seem more valuable)
    The list goes on and on...
  • Options
    Doug,
    They also have 85 negatives which is a LOT regardless of positives. This can be misleading since,like me, many people these days just don't leave ANY feedback to avoid getting a negative left against them as retaliation.