Home Stamps Forum
Options

New Stamp Collector - help!

Hello guys & gals,

My name is Justin and I'm usually in the sports card registry forum, but recently found myself acquring a large collection of stamps. I did some research on a few I pulled out of the tubs and absolutely could not figure out "Scott #s" on any of them. All I know is that the the ones I pulled out are from Germany and are green with various people on them image

I have a bit of a eBay habit and I would like to liquidate them via my eBay store. First though, I need to catalog all of them and figure out how much they're worth. Does anyone have any pointers for the newbie stamp collector/seller? Websites? Software? Price guides? I have no clue as the stamp collecting world is quite different from vintage sports cards! I appreciate any help you can throw my way! Thanks.

Justin
Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM

Comments

• Options
    hi justin,welcome to stamp world.U could try this site,i use it ,it doesnt have em all on
    but has alot of pics,(i just cant understand the words.lol)has prices in euro.
    if any 1 got better ill be interested.this use Michels as reference alot.
    hope it helps.b4 u go to sell em,post some pics.i might be interested but
    i dont belong to Ebay(no credit card to join)which is probably just as well.lol
    good luck
    peter
  • Options
    You can probably find a set of Scott stamp catalogs for the world at your local library. They're free to use and cover all countries,they should give you the info you need to get some idea of value. You will probably have to do a little studying to learn how to identify the stamps by # as there may be many small differences that make to similar stamps different Scott #'s. Good Luck!
  • Options
    hi again,i forgot to put site on ,lol

http://www.hausderbriefmarke.de or ebay