Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I better throw away my steroids....

Are the courts really issuing search warrants for performance enhancers? Way to look out for the safety of the common man. I feel safer walking the streets knowing Jason Grimsley will never inject steroids again.

Lee

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I applaud the move.

It should motivate baseball to finally move into blood testing for human growth hormones and other substances that are not detectable under a urine test.

• Options

<< <i>I applaud the move.

It should motivate baseball to finally move into blood testing for human growth hormones and other substances that are not detectable under a urine test. >>

Exactly...I totally agree with it. It's in the best interest of our national pastime.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I agree that MLB should be testing for everything- they should've been doing it since the mid 80s. I think the fact that we have SWAT teams breaking down doors looking for steroids is a little ridiculous though considering the number of real crimes that are going unpunished.

Lee
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    The thing that bothers me the most, is when some STEROID FREAK sets a record previously held by someone who was just naturally great.
  • Options
    fab4fab4 Posts: 280 ✭✭

<< <i>The thing that bothers me the most, is when some STEROID FREAK sets a record previously held by someone who was just naturally great. >>

i agree but MLB didn't do anything about it until the most unlikable person started getting close to the babe.

when sosa and mcgwire were chasing 61 it was great for baseball and they rode it like a horse in the derby.
    and everyone could tell they was using steroids. jason giambi got caught using and almost admitted it and won comeback player of the year.

MLB has screwed themselves and have nobody to blame but MLB. if congress had not investigated you would have steroid injected bobble heads like bonds and sosa on every team.

you reap what you sow
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>The thing that bothers me the most, is when some STEROID FREAK sets a record previously held by someone who was just naturally great. >>

I find this a little irritating, but it isn't something I dwell on. I don't care if Bonds hits 900 HR's. He's a tool, and a cheater. Even if MLB doesn't want to acknowledge that it doesn't stop me from doing so.

The freaky thing about this Grimsley ordeal, to me, is that apparently they wanted to hook him up with a wire so they could collect more dirt on Bonds. Wha? There's a point at which you just need to leave that miserable wretch and his 700+ HR"s alone. And I think it's a sin that Congress-- a Republican congress, might I add, which at least used to be the party that stood for less governmental interference-- is actually jerking around with this. Any country that's combating sprialing trade deficits. a grossly unbalanced budget in times of relative economic stability, and mentally unhinged 20 year olds armed with pipe bombs on the other side of globe can find a better use for its legislators then snooping around in the ways and means (no pun intended, lol) of professional athletes.
  • Options

<< <i>Are the courts really issuing search warrants for performance enhancers? Way to look out for the safety of the common man. I feel safer walking the streets knowing Jason Grimsley will never inject steroids again.

Lee >>

Are you really serious?

Anabolic Steroids are controlled substances just like cocaine and heroin. Thus, the "common man" ishould not be in possesion of these substances without a medical prescription. Thus, law enforcement has every right to seek court approved search warrants to catch and apprehend those who illegally posses such substances.

You got a problem with law enforcement arresting people in possesion of illegal drugs?
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i> And I think it's a sin that Congress-- a Republican congress, might I add, which at least used to be the party that stood for less governmental interference-- is actually jerking around with this. Any country that's combating sprialing trade deficits. a grossly unbalanced budget in times of relative economic stability, and mentally unhinged 20 year olds armed with pipe bombs on the other side of globe can find a better use for its legislators then snooping around in the ways and means (no pun intended, lol) of professional athletes. >>

I cannot agree more image
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Boopotts on this one too.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee