Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who's going to the upcoming ANA Summer Seminars?

I'll be taking The Ultimate Mint Error Course in week one and Digital Photography in week two. I'm looking forward to the class coppercoins is teaching plus the two extra evenings in his Lincoln Cent Power Collectors Mini Seminar.

If I get ambitious I'll do some posting while in class.

David

Comments

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I hope you're ambitious, I'd like to hear about the classes. image

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    TrimeTrime Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭
    I am going to session 2; I have become a regular attendee. It is always a terriific week. For those that have not gone before, it is a must experience. You meet many of the greats of numismatics, make friends and learn lots.
    Trime
  • Options
    I'll try kranky. I've spent some time writing since retirement and find it very enjoyable. It was your postings that convinced me to take the Grading US Coins seminar. If I could convince one more person to attend, it would be worth it.

David
  • Options
    I am taking the class on Colonial coins and paper money. Thus is my first time and have heard many good things abount the summer seminars.
    Doug Law
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't post during class... you'll miss something. Post afterwards image

<< <i> I am taking the class on Colonial coins and paper money. Thus is my first time and have heard many good things abount the summer seminars. >>

That was the first class I took... superb. Taught by John Kraljevich and Ken Bressett.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    ShortgapbobShortgapbob Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭
    I just found out today that I'll be taking Introduction to Early American Copper Coinage. I wanted to take a grading course, but they could not fit me into any of the grading courses, even as an intern. I'm excited to expand my knowledge in early coppers though. Any EAC people taking the early coppers course?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

For a large selection of U.S. Coins & Currency, visit The Reeded Edge's online webstore at the link below.

The Reeded Edge
  • Options
    DarkmaneDarkmane Posts: 1,021
    I'm finishing up my Master of Arts in Teaching through Colorado College right now. I'll be on campus.... but not learning about coins. I'm writing my damn Master's paper!

If you're ever looking for something to do, or would care to invite me to join you for dinner, send a PM this way image
  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Session 2 "Art of Engraving" for me.

• Options
    PistareenPistareen Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I'l be there for Session II teaching Numismatics of the American Colonial Period. Erik Goldstein and I are psyched to do it again! We have our largest class ever this year and it should be fun.

Doug -- I promise you'll learn a lot and have a great time.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Session 1: Intro to Coin Grading.

There was another post like this floating around a little while back with a lot of people saying what they were doing.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Session 2: Pioneer Gold, and the mini-seminar on Mexican Numismatics.

I will also lead the "bull session" called "Lie, Cheat & Steal: The Dark Side of Numismatics", with help from Pistareen, Regulated, Jerry Bobbe, Bob Rhue and John Dannreuther.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file