Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

18k for a PSA 1 Eddie Stanky?

Anyone know the history behind this card? I've never seen a post-war PSA 1 go for this much!

Wow

Comments

• baseballfanaticbaseballfanatic Posts: 2,415 ✭✭
    One of the big 3 in Connie Mack Current All Stars. BIG bucks (the other 2 being Konstanty and Roberts) .........
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    A total of about 4-5 in existence. I'll bet it would've gone for more in Mastro or REA.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• I agree with griffins. one of my all time favorite sets.
  • CuseSteveCuseSteve Posts: 106 ✭✭
    As a collector of Eddie Stanky, this is the Holy Grail....too bad it is such an expensive Grail! ha

Always looking for signed Cowboys items from the 'Landry years'
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    In 1951 Topps issued 5 "sets". The most common were the Red and Blue back game cards. Less so were the Team cards ( 9 teams with two versions of each), the Connie Mack All Star set ( 11 past HOFER subjects) and the Current All Star Set, which was supposed to also have 11 subjects, but only 8 were issued in packs. The other 3, identified in an earlier post, might be the most expensive Topps cards to obtain.
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Konstanty is up now, and will likely go for more.

When Roberts hits Ebay, it will probably easily surpass $20k
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • OverratedOverrated Posts: 454 ✭✭
    awesome card! pimp your a clown looking for you pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!