Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CREDIT CARD CHARGE BACK?has anyone ever had that happen to them?

sorry ,wrong thread but I need help

I just had my paypal account FROZEN because a bad buyer said he did not authorize the charge to his card?

I am having a huge problem with paypal now,I had a buyer who won over 125.00 worth of coins, he paid for 1 (47.50) did not pay for the other 2 ? no reason ,he gave positive feedback for the one he won, i gave him positive for all 3 , I said he was unable to complete the transaction due to unexpected bills, that was in december, now paypal has a charge back for the item he paid for and recevied he said payment was unauthorized by him? now my account is frozen and every payment goes towards the charge back and he still has the coin!!!!!,I replied and said he was trying to pull a scam and I am still waiting....waiting...... I can not belive they can do this, Has anyone every had that happen to them? what can I do? any help is appreciated,MoJo

here is his paypal commit
Total: $47.50 USD

Note:Thank You and God Bless You for your patience and kindness. You are one of the super nice people God put on Earth to counter the corruptness going on out there in the world-keep uo the good Work. Blessed be You by God. Bob

but this what i did not notice in the paypal transaction

Payment From:
Rob Matthews (The sender of this payment is Unverified)
Buyer's ID:
magiccoinsmagic
Buyer's Email:
magic1coins@yahoo.com
Payment Sent to:

ace@thumbmc.net

Important Note: Rob Matthews has provided an Unconfirmed Address. If you are planning on shipping items to Rob Matthews, please check the Transaction Details page of this payment to find out whether you will be covered by the PayPal

DO I HAVE ANY CHANCE OF GETTING MY MONEY OR THE COIN BACK?????
Ebay Seller I.D
the_northern_trading_company
ace@airadv.net
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Pull the buyers contact information and let him know you intend to file theft charges in the county he resides in, unless the matter is resolved.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    yikes...sorry to see...always a fear too...hope it all works out for ya
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Do some searching and see what happened to 4ira over a 1909 Lincoln. I just went throught a mess with Paypal and they can say they always side with the purchaster and never listen to the seller. I am very leery as to who I will accept Paypal from now.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    I have all his info, he got booted off ebay for non-paying,preaches he is a CHRISTIAN GOD FEARING MAN,I even spoke with him on a few times,MAN I bet he is also doing this to other sellers? keeps the coins and get his cash back, i will have to change my paypal to only take bank transfers(then the check will bounce lol) or e-checks and m/o? I hate to do this but it seems i will be out 47.50 and that hurts, I will keep you all posted,I smell a new ebay scam starting? ,mOjO
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    You sent to an unconfirmed address?

How long ago was this sale?
  • Options
    Yes but hear is the weird part he won a item before this one, paid and all is well the next payment had the same address ,but unconfirmed,? I did not see it until after it was sent ,to the same addy? also it was in febuary 13th that this happened,MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    johnsim03johnsim03 Posts: 992 ✭✭

<< <i>I have all his info, he got booted off ebay for non-paying,preaches he is a CHRISTIAN GOD FEARING MAN,I even spoke with him on a few times,MAN I bet he is also doing this to other sellers? keeps the coins and get his cash back, i will have to change my paypal to only take bank transfers(then the check will bounce lol) or e-checks and m/o? I hate to do this but it seems i will be out 47.50 and that hurts, I will keep you all posted,I smell a new ebay scam starting? ,mOjO >>

This really stinks when it happens. You cannot list "PayPal accepted" in your auction listings, and then qualify which type of PayPal payment you will accept - this is against eBay policy. If you list it there, you have to accept all forms of payment... Assuming you are in the
    USA, that is.

Chargebacks are always a factor in business, whether on eBay or not.

Do you have proof of receipt for the coin he got? I definitely would not let him off the hook, if I were you.
    PayPal is supposed to do an investigation, did you submit all of this information to them?

Stuff like this has driven some sellers to drop credit cards (PayPal in toto) as a payment option.

Good luck with it.

John
    John C. Knudsen, LM ANA 2342, LM CSNS 337
    SFC, US Army (Ret.) 1974-1994
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    Sorry to hear of your problems...............chalk up one more for payscrewer.

And yet again another example of why I don't deal with "preaches he is a CHRISTIAN GOD FEARING MAN" people, anytime people mention the word God in a business transaction, I run the other way, fast.

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks more like he is God-damned instead of God-fearing. Get your facts together regarding his winning history, nonpaying and chargeback histories then send him one more email and suggest he pay up or you are filing mail fraud charges.
  • Options
    Hi,It seems paypal has done that ,they are going to call me today,I told them, This guy is a non ebay customer (he got kicked off, and they have his history) But I also told them ,I make them (paypal ) more money in a month than this guy is trying to scam, so they need to get on the ball, because,I could just take money ordersimage onlyimage I hope this all works out, MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>DO I HAVE ANY CHANCE OF GETTING MY MONEY OR THE COIN BACK????? >>

No. To put it bluntly, you're screwed because:

<< <i>Rob Matthews has provided an Unconfirmed Address. >>

The only way you can win a chargeback case is if you can prove it was delivered to the billing address of the credit card. Since it wasn't, you can't.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Hi,It seems paypal has done that ,they are going to call me today,I told them, This guy is a non ebay customer (he got kicked off, and they have his history) But I also told them ,I make them (paypal ) more money in a month than this guy is trying to scam, so they need to get on the ball, because,I could just take money ordersimage onlyimage I hope this all works out, MoJo >>

You might want to change your signature...

http://stores.ebay.com/Northern-Trading-Comany

Sorry, this store does not exist.

Here is the correct URL:

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Northern-Trading-Comany

Jonathan

I have been a collector for over mumbly-five years. I learn something new every day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file