Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SMR vs. registry weight

Does anyone know why cards are sometimes weighted higher in the registry, but are lower on the SMR? For example, on the Jimmie Foxx Basic Set, card #1 1934 GOUDEY R320 JIMMY FOXX has a weight of 10 and card #23 1932 U.S. CARAMEL R328 JIMMY FOXX has a weight of 3.5. On the SMR the 34 Goudey card is $600 in PSA 5 and the 32 Caramel is $800. I've seen this in other examples as well. Anyone know why?

Comments

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Because the SMR is extremely inaccurate.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    So should I base buying a player's "best" card on the registry then?
  • Options
    OverratedOverrated Posts: 454 ✭✭
    SMR, cant even get the right price the the most popular card in the hobby! the 52 mantle is way under priced! you would think that smr would get that won right?
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>SMR, cant even get the right price the the most popular card in the hobby! the 52 mantle is way under priced! you would think that smr would get that won right? >>

The SMR used to be correct on the Mantle. '52 Topps Mantle has seen serious appreciation over the last 6-12 months.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    OverratedOverrated Posts: 454 ✭✭
    SMR IS GETTING BETTER ON THE PRICEING OF THE 52 MANTLE, THEY HAVE PSA,7 BOOKING AT $30 GRAND LOW BOOK, I THINK LOW BOOK SHOULD BE $35 GRAND! ONE JUST SOLD FOR THAT IN A PSA 7. I AM A HUGE FAN OF THIS CARD! JUST HATE WHEN DEALERS PLAY THIS CARD DOWN WHEN YOU WANT TO SELL THIS CARD, WIN THE SMR IS CURRENT ON THIS CARD IT MAKES FOR A EVEN PLAYING FIELD!THEN DEALERS CANT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS MOST INPORTANT CARD IN OR HOBBY!