Anybody see this Lincoln Cent auction ?

dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
I hope they are really proof.

Link
Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

Comments

• tigermarootigermaroo Posts: 264 ✭✭
    That's a lot of cash for a little bit of pictures. I've noticed that the prices for the "unclaimed property" always are way higher. I'm thinking of changing my name ebay name to "unclaimed property"image
  • Rob790Rob790 Posts: 547
    Those do NOT look like proofs to me. Someone got hosed.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that primary photo is any indicator, there will be a return in that buyer's immediate future.
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    If this truly is a state unclaimed property auction then the buyer is out of luck. Normally such auctions are a no-return situation.

127 Proof 1909 VDB cents? Something like 1/3 of the official mintage? Right.
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If this truly is a state unclaimed property auction then the buyer is out of luck. Normally such auctions are a no-return situation.

127 Proof 1909 VDB cents? Something like 1/3 of the official mintage? Right. >>

At least these fine folks (bidders) are not out kicking in doors and cashing in 150 year old coins at face value!

Leo image

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I see the usual shills were working it.

Russ, NCNE
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    This looks like one of the biggest ripoffs I've seen in a long time. The winning bidder will probably fall on his/her sword when he/she receives those coins.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • ar18ar18 Posts: 1,122
    not proofimage
  • johnsim03johnsim03 Posts: 992 ✭✭

<< <i>This looks like one of the biggest ripoffs I've seen in a long time. The winning bidder will probably fall on his/her sword when he/she receives those coins.image >>

Hopefully, they will pay with a credit card via PayPal. Then, a chargeback is no problem!

John
    John C. Knudsen, LM ANA 2342, LM CSNS 337
    SFC, US Army (Ret.) 1974-1994

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file