Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Express Special submission recevied on 5/22 still no grades?????

I know the Long Beach show casued some blackout dates but even with that factored in they should have been completed by now. What gives????
Charter member of CA, Coinaholics Anonymous-6/7/2003
Kewpie Doll award-10/29/2007
Successful BST transactions with Coinboy and Wondercoin.

Comments

• Options
    ar18ar18 Posts: 1,122
    FIFO
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    The count began on the day after the coins were received - the 23rd. Today doesn't count. It's blackout.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    I having a lot of trouble trying to figure out exactly what he is asking but I assume he sent coins to PCGS for grading under some kind of express grading level and can't figure out why he doesn't have his grades yet.

He says they were received on the 22nd, but that doesn't matter. What counts is when they are entereded into the system which is usually the next day, but may take two or three days. Then the guarantee clock doesn't start until the FOLLOWING day after they have been entered. Assuming they were entered on the 23rd, the clock started on Wed the 24th. Thurs and Fri make three days. Sat, Sun and the Mon holiday don't count, Tue makes four days. May31 - Jun 5 are black out days for the Long Beach show. So you are currently at four days and will be until June 6th.

Then you have a NEW problem. You say you requested Variety Attribution. Well you probably shouldn't have bothered to pay for an express level turn around then. From the PCGS website for Variety Attribution:

Turnaround time is not guaranteed but we will make every effort to return the order in the time specified.
    Which means that even if they run over on the express level turnaround time, tough no compensation.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subject reads like a real estate listing. image Anyway, Monday was a holiday, and this week is the Long Beach show, so most of this week is blacked out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file