Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Guess the grade: 1880-S Morgan

Sorry for the small pics image Not my coin of course, but I am curious to see what this forum will grade it image Coin is in PCGS plastic!
-Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA

Comments

• Options
    RVDavisRVDavis Posts: 1,137
    From the photos, a spectacular coin. MS 66 DMPL is my guess but I am notoriously incompetent at grading.
    Proud recipient of YOU SUCK more than once and less than 100 times.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uncirculated. Message to Heritage: Your photos suck.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insufficient scans upon which to base an intelligent opinion. Sorry.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MS64 PL
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    The White Balance on the Photo is way off.....Sorry I dont even dare to venture a guess on a grade on this one.... image

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    PCGS MS69 PL
  • Options
    RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608
    Could be almost any uncirculated grade based on that crap photo. The lighting is such that marks can be hidden, or it could be accurate and there are few marks. The luster could be great, or marginal. My guess is MS65 because that is a common grade up for auction. I would not buy that coin based on that photo. Anyone who does is playing what I term "fuzzy picture roulette." There is less downside when buying a PCGS certified coin, however, there is still downside. It is such a common date, a person can easily find a nice one, often for a nice price.
  • Options
    sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I wish I were in Bermuda!!!
    Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes
  • Options
    Impossible to grade from that picture.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    There's no way in hell to accurately guess the grade from those pics....
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks like a picture from Heritage, they photograph DMPL'S like this now. Could be MS65-MS66 but the picture is to crap to tell.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There's no way in hell to accurately guess the grade from those pics.... >>

Ditto.
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know or dealt with Rareland before? They seem to sell some very high end rare coins on eBay. Good call Iceman
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I can't grade this. The image is too small and something (brightness? Whiteness correction?) seems way off.
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    pass on the guess here man. .... that pic sugggs
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file