Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1971 Topps PSA 7 Claude Raymond on eBay

Check this out:

1971 Claude Raymond PSA 7 On eBay

I was left in the dust dollars ago. An 8, of course, goes for way out prices. This is, by far, the highest I have seen a common in 7 up to. How high do you think it will go? I hope it pulls more out of the woodworks because I need one in 7 but I can't stomach paying this much for a common. Maybe my set will end at 99.89% complete!

Comments

• lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    The worst part is that there are three other bidders besides yourself who aren't getting this card!!........the next one or two of this card on Ebay will probably go for the same.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• I'm guessing by the price of this common that I was smart in snatching up my 1971 Pete Rose PSA 8 image

I wouldn't expect a common (even a 71) to go tis high already.

• jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I bought a lot of 5 that were supposed to be nm-mt, pack fresh. When they arrived all 5 were at least 90-10 centered. They would have easily been 8 oc, maybe 9 oc.

That card is centered great, I can see it going for $150+ to somebody doing a 7.5 set and wanting good centering. I think it's a bargain at $70.
  • MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    Jimq, send me a private note if you have any of the 90/10 Raymond's that you think would grade 8 o/c or 9 o/c. I would be willing to settle for such a card for my set. Thanks.
  • ColleSystemColleSystem Posts: 512 ✭✭
    I paid $200 for a one a few months ago (PSA 7).
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"
  • Im sending one in this week 7/8 condition.
  • That card will end at over $100. Tough even in a PSA 7
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • SUNTZSUNTZ Posts: 35 ✭✭
    THAT CARD WILL SELL FOR OVER 200.00 I BOUGHT ONE RAW OFF-EBAY FOR 80.00 SENT IT TO PSA AND GOT A SEVEN. PRETTY LUCKY I GUESS.
  • I figured it was cheaper to get a 7 and offset with a few 9s to keep my set reg rating even. I can get 3 or 4 PSA 9s for what 1 low pop 71 is selling for these days. My main goal is to complete A set and this is my best shot since I am over 90%. On another note, pretty much across the board, bidding is fierce for any low pop 71s, even in the sub 30 to 35 pop range 25 and under is insane.

craveking
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set