Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

EBAY user ID psagradedbaseball

Anyone have any dealings with him? I purchased a 1967 Willie McCovey graded GAI 8 on monday night, and got what i thought was a great deal for $20.01. The only risk was his feedback of 1. Not a lot of money so it was worth the risk. Now i see he is no longer registered EBAY user. I immediately contacted him and he gave me a long story about how he threatened an EBAY seller that sent him a counterfeit Mantle 1951 card. Do you think i will see my card? His one positive was from just last week when he sold kurtz kards something....

Comments

• Options
    When I get situations like this, or am worried about buying from a seller with low feedback, I always ask before bidding if they'll send first if I pay an additional 10-25% kickback up arrival of the cards. Maybe if you offer another $5, he'll send first.

-Kyle-
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Buying from newbie sellers has its good points and bad points. On the good side, you can make some tremendous purchases because many bidders shy away from newbies. On the bad side, newbies have nothing to lose, they often don't understand what experienced ebay buyers expect from a seller and you have no idea what's going on with them because of the lack of feedback history. I usually avoid newbies unless they offer paypal; of course, if they're auctioning something I really want - well - rules are made to be broken.

I have, on occasion, sent an email to a seller, before the auction closes, expressing my concern over his lack of ebay experience. You can tell a lot from their response.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    i did pay via paypal...if i don't see the card in couple of days what should i do next? The seller has also given me his phone #, which matches the contact info i got from ebay...so maybe it is legit...
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Craig

I'd give him a few more days than that - if you paid on Monday, I'd wait two weeks before initiating anything. Paypal will refund your purchase in full if he can't prove that the card was sent. That option is open to you for 45 days.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."