Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Clueless as to what I can send - Unknowing newbie

Hey guys - Question from a new guy. For the May/June 5 dollar special can I send in any card I want as long as it is 1964 or newer??? Example - I have a 64 Killebrew, 05 LeBron refractor, 73 Oscar Robertson, 85 Ryan to name a few. Can I send all these at once - mixed and mingled or does it have to be 25 cards from a certain player or set? Thanks for any info.
Carpe Diem

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Hey guys - Question from a new guy. For the May/June 5 dollar special can I send in any card I want as long as it is 1964 or newer??? Example - I have a 64 Killebrew, 05 LeBron refractor, 73 Oscar Robertson, 85 Ryan to name a few. Can I send all these at once - mixed and mingled or does it have to be 25 cards from a certain player or set? Thanks for any info. >>

You can send 'em all in. I've never quite understood the language they use to describe the 'set registry specials', but the upshot of it all is that anything from 1964 to present will get graded. I just got grades back from one of these specials, and I had everything in there from 1971 football to a few 2005 Ovechkin Young Gun RC's.

Edit to add: I just sent in another batch that had all kinds of fruity oddball issues in it, and I just received an email tonight informing me that my submission can't be processed until I contact them. So it could be that some issues which are really off the beaten track won't get slabbed. But I've never heard of anyone having a problem with a mainstream issue, and it sounds like most of the cards you're looking to submit are from mainstream sets.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Keep in mind the $75 max declared value. I think they would balk at a Ryan or Rose rc, but if the card would sell raw for $75 or less you would be OK.

The set reg special is just a marketing thing. They don't really care if you register the cards in the registry, they just want you to pay for the grading fees. That being said, you could send in 25 cards of 25 different players from 25 different years as long as they are under their declared value.

I stumbled on the board much like you, looking for a few answers to submission questions I had. I have stayed for quite some time and enjoyed every day of it. Hopefully you will do the same. If not, we're happy to help. If so, welcome, and please share when you want and enjoy your stay!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    williplettwilliplett Posts: 471 ✭✭
    Welcome to the boards!! You will find a ton of helpful information and, more importantly, a ton of great people willing to share their wealth of knowledge.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Slats

Welcome to the boards!

Always nice to see a new face!

<< <i>Carpe Diem >>

And it's aways nice to have a fellow fisherman - I'm partial to Basse tho. image

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Hi Slats

Welcome to the boards!

Always nice to see a new face!

<< <i>Carpe Diem >>

And it's aways nice to have a fellow fisherman - I'm partial to Basse tho. image

mike >>

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions