Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Some sweet '63 Pete Rose images...

These are new to "The School". Never published, I just finished restoring them. I cropped them to seven different formats. Here are the squares. I love the way photo's look squared up. The batting shot was badly o/c on the slide so the crop was necessary. I did these up in 6x6 and 12x12 and they looked pretty darn good. The fielding one has a soft focus on Pete's face, but the color contrast is awesome. These are from 1963 and never seen publicly until now...

These are available now in square format up to 12x12 as well as 8x12. Email me at oldschool.images@yahoo for details. For now, enjoy!

dgf

Comments

• Options
    downgoesfrazierdowngoesfrazier Posts: 1,515 ✭✭
    A cool observation I just got in an email...Pete is, of course, wearing just his game hat to hit. What a different time that was...Old School!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the first one DG

And when I looked at it, I didn't think he actually "at bat" - Pete was a real trooper tho and I wouldn't put it past him to hit just in his jock strap!

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nice sturff Phil. How do you get around the license issue? I ask because on anther thread someone mentioned photos ant the need to liscense images.

these fall under public domain?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    downgoesfrazierdowngoesfrazier Posts: 1,515 ✭✭
    Steve,
    Ultimately, if MLB wants to squash you--they will. They have photofile to mass produce garbage for them. The fact of the matter is, these are color slides and negatives that I purchase from the original photographers and, in some cases, private folks like you & me who shot them at ballgames from their youth. I obtain and maintain the copyrights. If a player has a MLB emblem on anywhere and it was taken at a MLB park, it is the property of MLB and and re-transmition of the days events in any form of media is a technical violation. MLB basically leaves people alone unless they start to affect photfile in an adverse way, I suppose. I just don't worry about it as I don't sell very much. I only do a couple of copies of each image I own. Thanks for looking!
    PA
  • Options
    Awesome pictures!!

I wasn't aware that they didn't wear batting helmets as early back as '63 (Ya learn something new everyday image )

Is there anyway you'd be willing to set that 1st (batting) pic up as an avatar for some of us Pete Rose fans/collectors? Just wondering.

Also, can you explain something to me..hopefully you know...I have seen several early pics of Pete and it appears that on the back of his jersey the number is on top and the name is on the bottom......was this normal for those days?

Thanks,
    EB31