Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ebay powersellers!!

Good evening:
I've been a powerseller for over a year (I don't sell alot of items, but what I do sell is generally higher end) but never ventured on to the power seller message board until yesterday. There was a discussion going on as to why some people don't like powersellers. I attempted to help them out with my own experience from buying baseball cards. My feelings were that
1)Ebay should mandate that all powersellers have and maintain a minimum of 99.7% positive feedback.
2)All sellers should either ship items within 48 hours of either receiving paypal payment or funds clearing, OR notify the buyer with an estimated shipping date if it takes longer than 48 hours.

Wow, did these powersellers go nuts when I suggested this especially with #2. They want to throw me off the site after 1 day.

Are any of you guys powersellers? Do you think my suggestions are too harsh? What do you buyers think about powersellers in general?
Rich

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    You expect someone selling goods to be reliable and deliver the goods in a timely manner? That's unheard of!!

Lee
  • Options
    To be a powerseller, you must maintain a 98% positive rating. They should bump that up higher though.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    hey onlyanumber:
    I agree with you. I screwed up my percentage in my original post. I meant 99.7 and edited it to reflect what I told the powersellers.
    Ricih
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Rich, I was going to say that 97% wasn't that good in my opinion, but I was worried it might have been your score image

I hope it's not image yuk yuk
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Some good collectible dealers are "powersellers."

In general, I think that eBay should stay out of offering the symbol.

eBay says that it is just "a venue," but the "powerseller thing" - and
    other things - undermine their claim.

I have never bought anything from a "poweseller" JUST because they
    had the label. I read the feedback and then decide. A powerseller
    with 10,000 fb and 200 negs, would not get my money.

In researching the "problem powersellers" last year, I found that
    most of the complaints were against electronics dealers, clothing
    sellers, and poster sellers.

I guess 99% would be a better number than 98%, but I would
    still carefully read the fb.

When I see sellers that leave "retal-fb" or that use "coarse" lingo
    in their fb, I usually stay away. "Powerseller" does not really tell
    me anything other than that they have sold a bunch of stuff.

storm
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    I'm currently in a HUGE arguement at the powersellers board because I'm telling them that as a buyer, the main thing I'm concerned with besides proper packaging is fast shipping. I also told them that even though I work 50 hours a week at my normal job, I still manage to ship cards out within 48 hours of paypal payment or payment clearing. If I can do it, why can't they.
    They want my head on a platter overthere because they claim buyers are not interested in fast shipping.
    FYI....My ebay feedback is at 99.9%
    Richi
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a powerseller - 99.9% positive (1 retalitory neg from a seller). I ship next day on paypal payments, same day if it comes before 8:00 am. I think the speed of the payment should be matched by the seller.

If they pay the same day, you should ship as quickly. If it takes them a week or two, then no need for me to hurry either. Their timeliness generally indicates if they are concerned with speed.

So, I agree with you Rich (on both of your points).
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    BoSox:
    Do me a favor and check out the powerseller thread titled "how many powersellers are there". I'm in a fight against the whole board by myself. Even though I think I'm doing a good job of holding my own, I could use a little help.
    Rich
  • Options
    Well, my battle has finally died down. However, It lasted a whole 7 pages and 250 responses before it did. I thought I did fairly well holding my own by myself. Its a good thing that I wan't too drunk during my debate as I'm not a fast typer sober!

Plus, it's a good thing the beckett moderators were not there. Those idiots would have locked the debate after page 1!
    Rich
  • Options
    have never bought anything from a "poweseller" JUST because they
    had the label. I read the feedback and then decide. A powerseller
    with 10,000 fb and 200 negs, would not get my money.

Storm! Outstanding summary !!!!!image
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    Hey Rich, did you leave the "other" board? I miss your arguements with the "idiots" image
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    Hey chip........Regarding the other board, I was ejected from the game
    Rich
  • Options

<< <i>Hey chip........Regarding the other board, I was ejected from the game
    Rich >>

WHAT!!!!! Are you bleeping serious??? You were/are extremely enteraining to myself and brought more to the boards that the typical teeniebopper's "How much is this worth" type threads. Myself being over 35 could relate to a lot of your opinions/views, although I didn't always agree with you (but thats what makes this country great) at least your posts had some thought to them. I realize you were also the target of "kids" trying to start crap and I know you don't back down from your opinions. But it truly suprises me that they booted you. Sorry to hear that bud. At least now I know where to find you when I need to read a rant about an "idiot" LOL.

Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    sayheykid54sayheykid54 Posts: 779 ✭✭
    A mandatory 98% positive feedback or higher is where I think it should be. You can occasionally expect a negative feedback from a buyer for the strangest reasons. Those few unwarranted negatives bring down an otherwise great feedback score.