Home Sports Talk
Options

Abreu to Yankees?

1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
Rumor has it there is a three way deal in the works:

Abreu to Yanks
players to Marlins
Willis to Phillies

Not sure if I would want Willis for Abreu, but it is interesting.
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    Where did you hear this?

It makes a lot of sense as the Phillies could use another top line pitcher and the Yankees need an outfielder, but I don't see it happening. I don't think the Yankees have enough prospects to send out for Abreu...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    Id take Willis for Abreu in a heart beat if I were Gillick.
  • Options
    I had heard the Blue Jays were in the mix for Willis as well.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    From what I have heard, several Yankee scouts were in Philly watching Burrell and Abreu and the Phils are more receptive to move Abreu if Willis is involved.

I would guess that Willis is going to be traded soon, and I could see Cabrera as well.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Abreu sucks, has been downhill since that roids party...urrrrrr home run derby last year. Id take a pitcher right now, not to mention someone
    dominating like Willis.

JS
  • Options
    Hopefully the Yanks won't do this trade. Abreu has never been a guy who can take it to the next level and he's really never impressed me. The Yanks can not only survive but still win the AL East without adding anybody. Hopefully the management will stick to it's guns and continue to replenish from their farm system.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I agree with ToppsCo1lector. I would much rather see the Yankees go with what they have than give up more of their already depleted farm system. That goes especially for obtaining a position player. If anything they need another pitcher, they will still score plenty of runs to win if their staff is solid.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Bri I was going to add that as well about pitching! Luckily the farm system has been improving for a couple of seasons and hopefully Cashman won't add to his list of flubs by moving the talent that will get the Yanks back to where all us Yankees fans want to see them.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>From what I have heard, several Yankee scouts were in Philly watching Burrell and Abreu and the Phils are more receptive to move Abreu if Willis is involved.

I would guess that Willis is going to be traded soon, and I could see Cabrera as well. >>

Abreu yes, Burrell noooooo!

Get rid of Bobby now, the Phils need Willis.