Options

Matt Clement

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sucks!!! image

That is all.

Comments

• Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    He looked like he was hurting out there. Yet, they left him in there to give up 6 runs. Francona managed tonights game like it was spring training. Riske to start the 8th after your team scores 6 runs to tie against Halladay???? Then bring Foulke in after the run scores? Lets Gonzales lead off the top of the ninth against Ryan. Like that result was not predictable. Oh well, over 162 games things happen but they are 0-6 now against the Jays when Josh Towers does not start.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing - they mount a great comeback to tie the game at 6-6, then Francona sends in Riske and not Foulke? Gonzalez is not exactly known for his bat, the right thing would have been to pinch hit for him against BJ Ryan. The Sox gave that game away.
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    It still pisses me off we traded Arroyo after he took the 'home town discount.' It's just like the Red Sox front office, botched another one.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>' It's just like the Red Sox front office, botched another one. >>

No No Remember Theo is great, Theo is a demi-god, Theo is the man and the reason we won the world series. image
  • Options
    During the course of a long season, the mananger will lose some games. This was one of them.
    But I agree with all of the above, it was Franconas bad moves which cost the game.
    After Shilling and Beckett, is any one comfortable with the 3/4/5 pitchers in the sox rotation???
    Think not. Is it time to drop clement?
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options

<< <i>He looked like he was hurting out there. Yet, they left him in there to give up 6 runs. Francona managed tonights game like it was spring training. Riske to start the 8th after your team scores 6 runs to tie against Halladay???? Then bring Foulke in after the run scores? Lets Gonzales lead off the top of the ninth against Ryan. Like that result was not predictable. Oh well, over 162 games things happen but they are 0-6 now against the Jays when Josh Towers does not start. >>

It's funny to read this because in Toronto today, the papers are basically saying that John Gibbons (the Jays manager) botched the 8th inning by not bringing in B.J. Ryan to face Varitek. Instead Speier pitches to him and Tek launches one. Hillenbrand has been clutch this year though for the Jays.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>During the course of a long season, the mananger will lose some games. This was one of them.
    But I agree with all of the above, it was Franconas bad moves which cost the game.
    After Shilling and Beckett, is any one comfortable with the 3/4/5 pitchers in the sox rotation???
    Think not. Is it time to drop clement? >>

I'm pretty comfortable with Wakefield actually. He's not Schilling or Beckett, but he's fairly consistent. So long as he can keep the opponent down to 3-4 runs over 7 innings like he usually does, that's fine.

Clement is a definite head case though. Even before he stepped on the mound last night, you could predict with almost certainty that he would get shelled. The problem with him, I'd weary of using him in the bullpen as well.

I like Francona and think he's done a good job overall with what he has, but I agree that Riske should not have been brought in last night. Of course, with Foulke being his only other option, that may not have helped anyway.

Man, we Timlin back as soon as possible.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    ~"It's funny to read this because in Toronto today, the papers are basically saying that John Gibbons (the Jays manager) botched the 8th inning by not bringing in B.J. Ryan to face Varitek. Instead Speier pitches to him and Tek launches one. Hillenbrand has been clutch this year though for the Jays."~

The Boston Globe mentioned that as well. They said before you blame Francona remember the error of Gibbons the inning before. I did think Francona's explanation was lame. Molina is 0 for 13 lifetime against Foulke but Hillenbrand who would hit third in the inning was 5 for 8 lifetime so he did not want Foulke to start the inning. I wonder how many of those 5 hits were last year when Foulke pitched injured and could not get anybody out.