Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Garbage Pail kids All New Series 2 sells for cheap on Toysrus.com

Hello Guys,

I will always share something good with you guys so we can all benefit. You guys have looked out for me too, so I enjoy the opportunity to share as well.

We are already at series 5 with Garbage Pail Kids as far as the new line goes. You can get series 2 on ebay at a premium price--factory sealed hobby boxes are still out there.

Well, here is a link where you can buy series 2 for cheap. These are factory sealed packs. 20 packs for $5.29. Sure, there is shipping involved, but ebay has that expense too. I ordered 4x 20 packs.

They came in bundles of 20, each with a box (the box is not from topps, just something Toys R Us uses to put them in for safe keeping.

Considering that series 2 is no longer available, this price was just right. It will not last. Once they are sold out, they are sold out.

GPK
"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee

Comments

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    This is probably a good way to build the complete set of series 2 instead of relying on ebay sellers who sell the complete set advertised as MINT, but then you find out they will have banged up corners and some serious flaws.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

• Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Holy Batman DG - that's such a good deal I almost bought 4 lots myself before I remembered I don't collect those cards.image
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Holy Batman DG - that's such a good deal I almost bought 4 lots myself before I remembered I don't collect those cards

same here... though i love all cards
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Great deal but what's up with Amazon? I've never used their site so I signed up to buy some. I clicked on the part to find out how much shipping is. It said it depends on size, speed, etc., ok, fair enough. I put 2 items in the shopping cart, entered my shipping address, and it gave me a subtotal. Then it went to a screen for me to enter my credit card info but it never told me what the total is with shipping. Could you imagine bidding on an item on ebay without knowing the shipping after you already commited to buying it?

So, I figured I would ask here. How much was the shipping for the 4 lots you bought?
  • Options
    I bought my 4 lots along with a bunch of other stuff, so I can't say how much shipping is for sure in that sense.

However, you can determine how much you are going to spend (with shipping) before committing to a payment. I just put 4 lots in my shopping cart again and clicked on "proceed to checkout." The cost for the 4 lots= $21.16, shipping= $6.03, tax=$2.24 .......total = $29.43 When you are ready to purchase, then click on the "place your order" icon.

Wabbitwax, I am not sure what you are doing wrong.

You certainly can find out shipping price before placing your order. I think it asks you for credit card information because it needs an active card on your account since you are new.

Hope this helps

• Options
    Yeah i ordered up 700 packs, i was thinkin of getting a case of cards from a guy on ebay but math wise, you get almost 5 more boxes for the same money, cant beat that.

I have a huge batch of sketch cards being graded now, including my 2 Czops, i sure hope they do well. image))
  • Options
    I think Amazon is the cheapest place for series 2 at this moment. No ebay seller can match the price per card one is getting through the link I provided.

• Options
    Yeah now if we can find a place to get New series 3 GPK we would be good to go