Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Selling a Registry Set..

When one sells a Registered Set....is there a way to transfer ownership on the PSA site...so that the next person doesn't have to input all the info themselves??

I've sold 3 sets before, but the buyers were breaking them...so it wasn't an issue...so I simply deleted the sets.

I have sold another...but the buyr wants to carry on the set and finish it on PSA.

Any help..

Bruce (5_stat)

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I would imagine either PSA could do it..................or it is a matter of tranfering passwords somehow......
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    PSA will do it for you. I think you will just need the buyer's email address. Email the set registry folks at SetRegistry@collectors.com.

Mike
  • Options
    MR NEARMINT is correct as always ,have sold the mighty mosh several sets like this.
    The one thing to point out if it makes any differance to you as you will not have any ties to the set if it was in the all time list ,it will show there only under the new owners name,and you can not retire a set and then transfer it
  • Options
    Perfect..thanks for the help!!

Bruce (5_stat)
  • Options
    Another side effect is that the new owner will continue to show all the prior awards with the set even though they did not own it.
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    OnlypsahockeyOnlypsahockey Posts: 1,479 ✭✭
    I like the idea of changing ownership of the set versus deleting it and the new owner relisting it.

Let me explain why... Take a look at the 71 topps hockey registry. The #2 set has been sold twice. The same set resides in the #2, #3 and #4 spots on the all time list. While this is great for the current owner of the set it's not that great for the guy sitting in the #5 spot.
    His set would be in the #3 spot if ownership of the #2 set was transferred on each sale. If this trend continues eventually there will be registries where the same set makes up 4 or 5 of the All time top 5 sets. It's just a matter of time.

My 2 cents. Thanks, Bob C.

57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    if the new guy gets all previous awards, put the price up image
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Screw the previous owners.

I'm in favor of doing away with the All-Time Finest sets altogether.
    Who gives a crap if somebody USED to own a top set but decided to cash it in.
    F**k 'em.

If they decided the set wasn't important enough for them to keep, then why the hell should we care if they USED to own it?

All that matters is who owns it today.
    Everything else is a bunch of 'I could of still owned it, but I s**t my pants and got greedy and sold it'. image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    now now Wolf i know its late but have a cold one and calm down my friend image lol
  • Options
    mojorobmojorob Posts: 392 ✭✭
    "S**T my pants, got greedy and sold it" ............................ Art, I think Wolfie was probably way ahead of you and already working on a case of cold ones, when he uttered that little pearl and was probably followed by a BLECHHH!! image

You'll have to excuse Wolfie, as he starts to get a "little testy" this time of year ........ just a few weeks before training camp and all.

You have to understand, that the man has been with out football for almost going on 6 months now.
    He's only human.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    All that matters is who owns it today.
    >>

Nope. Provinance of a set is important. It also shows a high water mark of where a set has been at some point in time. Not everyone can afford to hold an often $15,000 item and still be active in the hobby.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

HA HA HA!
    I'm just as guilty as everyone else.

Selling some of this stuff so you can buy some of that stuff is what it's all about for many of us.
    It's a lot of fun and also keeps our collections from stagnating.

Still, you gotta admit that I do have a way with words at times ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    I have built several Registered Sets...only to sell them off..

For me..1/2 the fun is in the chase!!

It's like the 10 point buck I have hanging on the wall....it was fun...he tasted great...but next season I'm looking for the 12 pointer!!

I have sold several partial sets as well...and watched them flourish under someone elses guidance.

But then again, I come from the philosophy that everything is for sale. Sure I could hold on to everything sweet that comes through the door. IF I wanted to live in a small 3 bedroom house and have a huge collection.

Instead, I choose to flip stuff and have 2 houses...a storefront...2 vacations a year...and a sweet fiance 12+ years my minor.....lol

LIFE is good....thanks PSA!!
  • Options
    that's interesting 5stat.. and congratulations on your success.. what sets did you build and sell? i'm on these boards to learn as much as i can.. any advice you or any other members can dispense is gratefully received.. i mean, to put it bluntly.. what's the best way to get rich doing this?
  • Options
    mojorobmojorob Posts: 392 ✭✭
    5Stat,
    Congrats more on having a fiance that is a dozen years your junior ......... that is the most impressive to me!!
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Instead, I choose to flip stuff and have 2 houses...a storefront...2 vacations a year...and a sweet fiance 12+ years my minor.....lol

LIFE is good....thanks PSA!! >>

Hey, I just hope you're not 26!