Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question for the board - how should I do it?

I have 30 recently PSA graded 1967 Topps commons. 22 are PSA 8, 7 are PSA 7, and 1 is PSA 6. How should I sell? All as one lot, individually, or a combination?

I also have two PSA 9's, but I think I will sell them individually, unless someone can talk me into lumping them with the rest.

I always start my auctions at $1.00. If I sell individually, I wonder if there is enough demand to get the 8's on up into the 7 or 8 dollar range, or I wonder if I should just start them off at that price.

Please discuss. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Also, would this be considered spamming in my description? "Please check my other PSA graded auctions." I know that they are cracking down on spamming. I have gotten some auctions pulled for being specific in telling bidders to check my "such and such" auctions.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I have always had luck selling my 72 Topps PSA 8s in lots....saves buyer on S/H and saves seller on listing fees. The selling price for me has always been were I expected..................( but could backfire)

This zero tolerance spammer sees no spam here......
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Shane,
    Check the pop reports on the cards. If you have a few low pops, I'd break them out and offer them singly with a dated reference to the pop report. Good luck.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Shane,
    Check the pop reports on the cards. If you have a few low pops, I'd break them out and offer them singly with a dated reference to the pop report. Good luck. >>

Good idea. What number would be considered "Low Pop"?

Shane

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    who here is 1967 topps guru that has been monitoring e-bay activity for this particular year?

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    FYSFYS Posts: 194

<< <i>I have 30 recently PSA graded 1967 Topps commons. 22 are PSA 8, 7 are PSA 7, and 1 is PSA 6. How should I sell? All as one lot, individually, or a combination?

I also have two PSA 9's, but I think I will sell them individually, unless someone can talk me into lumping them with the rest.

I always start my auctions at $1.00. If I sell individually, I wonder if there is enough demand to get the 8's on up into the 7 or 8 dollar range, or I wonder if I should just start them off at that price.

Please discuss. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Also, would this be considered spamming in my description? "Please check my other PSA graded auctions." I know that they are cracking down on spamming. I have gotten some auctions pulled for being specific in telling bidders to check my "such and such" auctions. >>

Likely for the sevens and the six, you will not get your grading fees back. I would sell those as one lot with a 1 cent starting price. As for all the eights, I would do them all individually with a $9.99 start. $7-$10 is the typical going rate, but you can get $15-$40 with little ryme or reason some times (not just low pop). Whatever eights do not sell at $9.99, but them for $5.99 a second go round. If any do not sell at $5.99, I would sock them away and save them.
  • Options

<< <i>Likely for the sevens and the six, you will not get your grading fees back. I would sell those as one lot with a 1 cent starting price. As for all the eights, I would do them all individually with a $9.99 start. $7-$10 is the typical going rate, but you can get $15-$40 with little ryme or reason some times (not just low pop). Whatever eights do not sell at $9.99, but them for $5.99 a second go round. If any do not sell at $5.99, I would sock them away and save them. >>

I agree with you and will use your strategy for my 1970 doubles.image
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!