Home Sports Talk
Options

What do you think the chances of a Cards/Tigers WS?

gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
It's a series I wouldn't mind seeing. Classic baseball cities battling it out in the 'Fall Classic'...

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I'm all for it.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I'd love to see it personally. Great hitters, some great pitchers, and a good amount of homegrown talent. Plus my favorite pitcher is Mark Mulder.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep Kenny Rogers away from the cameramen.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Would love to see it, but I have serious doubts about the Tigers being able to pull this record off all year long.
  • Options
    The Tigers can go .500 the rest of the season, and end up with 91 wins, but I doubt they will get that lowly as Leyland would not let that happen, 100 wins are possible, think that would be enough to clinch at least a wild card. Managers of the past usually started off the season saying the first goal is a .500 record, and Leyland would consider anything other than winning it all a failure, the team now plays with a different swagger, and that has been missing for years. It would be great to see a '68 rematch, and it would be great for baseball. They lost badly yesterday (Sunday), but that was after an 8 game win streak. There will be a better assessment as to how the team matches up in the next couple weeks, when they play some of the so-called, best in the league. Even IF the Tigers go .500 the rest of the season, and end up with only 91 wins, it is a huge improvement over what Detroit fans have had in the recent past, and there is good reason to be encouraged for the future of the Detroit franchise!!!!!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my Sox are not there I would love to see the Tigers win it all, seems like they are firing off on all cylinders. Not really familiar with their pitching staff but good for Detroit in turning it around.
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    If the Sox are eliminated, I am all for the Tigers. I remember listening to Ernie Harwell, great announcer, and I've love to see them beat out the White Sox.
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    I was at the last one! image
    Wondo

• Options
    Wow, just dug this one up. Note the date of my thread. I should have laid down some coin on this bold prediction!
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, just dug this one up. Note the date of my thread. I should have laid down some coin on this bold prediction! >>

So, who do you have in the Superbowl? And the NHL Stanley Cup finals?
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow, just dug this one up. Note the date of my thread. I should have laid down some coin on this bold prediction! >>

So, who do you have in the Superbowl? And the NHL Stanley Cup finals? >>

Seriously, Ravens vs. Saints