Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Huguenin Freres - question for the experts

The Swiss company Huguenin Freres & Co. minted coins for various countries in the early part of this century, including Polad. The next Heritage sale has an interesting set of patterns allegedly struck by Huguenin Freres... has anyone seen this "HF" stamp on other coins or items minted by Huguenin Freres?

The existing Polish catalogs don't list this variety. But maybe someone has seen something out there that's similar?
"Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)

Comments

• Options
    A lot of romanian patterns of the same time as the polish set has the same mark
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Edited to add:

Thanks - I found a few examples online.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options

<< <i>in the early part of this century >>

I hate to mention it, but 1923 was way back in the 20th Century. 2006 is in the 21st.image
    Roy

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate to mention it, but 1923 was way back in the 20th Century. 2006 is in the 21st. >>

REALLY? Get outta here. You pulling my leg or something?