Home Metal Detecting
Options

Has anyone ever really found anything good in "newer" areas?

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
Things that were wilderness/woods less than 20-30 years ago?

I think people in the East and the South have the advantage over those of us in the West.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    I think there is 'good' stuff to be found almost anywhere. There may not be an abundance of colonials out west, but it's not that easy to find them here on the east coast either. One of my best finds so far has been a .6 carat engagement ring probably less than ten years old.
    That wilderness that was there 20 years ago was probably a playground for hunters for at least 100 years, and who knows how old some of the stuff they dropped was.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True Phut, true.

This area has so many friggin' rocks though....I get a signal (bear in mind, I am learning the detector since we finally have some non rainy periods here now) and it says 4" or 8" down. I dig 2 inches and hit rocks, rocks, and more rocks. Finally get down far enough for one of the signals and hit a 8" piece of metal. image

I will hit the local elementary school after school lets out for the summer....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment