Home Metal Detecting
Options

Weekend Finds (Small Updated)

Greetings,

Went hunting this morning and what was going to be a dismal trip turned into an OK day after hitting a few early Wheaties (1910, 1912, 1916, and 1917-D). In addition, I found another IHC, 1897, and two Buff's with a 1916 in OK shape. The other one is dateless but it is a good find regardless.

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

Comments

• Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Sweet!
    Judging by the dates, I'd say there is a Barber in your future.
  • Options
    SilverDreamsSilverDreams Posts: 427 ✭✭
    Very nice finds! Gotta be some silver there somewhere...
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    There might be but I was not able to find any this early morning. After getting slaughtered by mosquitoes I quit.

Soon after it cooled off here a little bit I stopped by a local park and very disappointed after seeing a couple of fresh plugs. It appeared that someone was digging there not so long before I went out. Then I thought maybe they "left" the sidewalk strips for me and guess what, I hit a 1928 Wheatie. Reaching the end of the strip I turned around and not so far from the spot where I found the cent I got a low signal but silver like. I decided to dig to "find out" what is down there. About 7 or 8 inches down something on the side of the hole buzzed my probe. As soon as I pried the thing out I thought I was clad because of its the grayish apprearance but it was not! It's a Merc!

• Options
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. I've been kind of lucky with finding Mercs. I found two more this past week, one in Wisconsin and one in Iowa. Pics will be posted as soon as I got back to Wisconsin this coming weekend.
  • Options
    nice finds...love them mercs
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage