Home Sports Talk
Options

Quick, name the hockey teams still left - no peeking

1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
I can't.

Hockey may be over this series, as I have NO IDEA who is left, what stage it is in, and if it is even over at all.

collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    We're almost to the finals. The four teams left would never have been picked two years ago to be where they are right now.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Edmonton Oilers up 3-1 over the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.

Carolina and Buffalo in the East, though I don't know what the count is (I think Buffalo up 2-1).
  • Options
    I knew the Oilers were still in it.
    That was it.

I hope whoever covers the Stanley Cup didn't pay too much for it!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    They are still playing hockey? How about that...

• Options
    Yep, they're still playing, and it's one of the most exciting playoffs in recent memory--sure, the Rangers or Kings aren't in it, but that Edmonton series has been terrific. And although I hate the Sabres and always have, even I as a Hab fan agree that they might just be the most exciting team in the NHL.
    But you guys can go back to watching incredibly exciting sports like Nascar and bowling--fill me in on how the seasons go eh!
    Jay
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

I knew Edmonton and the Ducks.

Guess the strike and everything leading up to it just killed my interest.

They'll find a way to bring it back.

Bring in some Rollerball rules!

Hail Jonathon E.!
  • Options
    If you are interested in hockey, and you have a high def tv, make sure you catch some games in high def. I wasn't even a casual fan before watching the games on high def. It truly does make a difference, and gets you into the game.

With the rule changes, 2 line passes and opening the game up to scoring, it's light years better than it was before the strike.

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    It's been awesome.. much more exciting then the superbowl/world series

I was at the game when THIS (link) happend.. The fans sang out the American anthem as well before the Canadian anthem..

Here's a video I took from game 3 vs the sharks (2nd series) LINK
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Knuckles, I hadn't heard/seen the O'Canada sing along.....I actually got goosebumps and I'm an American! The atmosphere must've been rockin' the rest of the game too! Wow!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    I just wish the NHL could have worked out their problems before Winnipeg lost its team image

But this is the best hockey we've seen since.............ever. The new rules rule image
  • Options
    I've gotta admit, since OLN started broadcasting the playoff games, I've watched many of them.

I like the parity - seeing top seeded Detroit and Ottawa exit early, and even the red hot teams like New Jersey and San Jose are gone.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Are the Blackhawks still a franchise?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Are the Blackhawks still a franchise? >>

I believe the answer to that question is 'no'.

Also, I propose a 'new rule': Nobody who actually spent a Saturday afternoon watching the NFL draft gets to rip on hockey for being 'boring' or 'unwatchable'.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Also, many of the same people who call hockey boring, are the ones who sit through a 1-0 shutout, 3 hour baseball game and talk about how riveting all the action was.
  • Options

<< <i>Are the Blackhawks still a franchise? >>

A franchise, yes. Do they exist? Only to be beaten up on by the other teams. They are the answer to any teams' losing streak. Think of them as hockey's version of the KC Royals.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Great clip, Knuckles. I love that song. I don't really care for the Star Spangled Banner, though about 15 years ago on KSHE [Real Rock Radio, 94.7] Kazoo Night, local DJ Smash kazooed the song along with most of the fans in attendance at the late, great St. Louis Arena. I loved it, though I guess Smash and the Blues took some flak for what some considered a disrespectful performance. The team claimed they thought he was going to sing it, not kazoo it. One of my great hockey memories, really.

Anyway, watch the freakin' playoffs folks. Hockey is officially back.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>
    A franchise, yes. Do they exist? Only to be beaten up on by the other teams. They are the answer to any teams' losing streak. Think of them as hockey's version of the KC Royals. >>

Don't tell that to the yankees!

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Great clip, Knuckles. I love that song. I don't really care for the Star Spangled Banner, though about 15 years ago on KSHE [Real Rock Radio, 94.7] Kazoo Night, local DJ Smash kazooed the song along with most of the fans in attendance at the late, great St. Louis Arena. I loved it, though I guess Smash and the Blues took some flak for what some considered a disrespectful performance. The team claimed they thought he was going to sing it, not kazoo it. One of my great hockey memories, really.

Anyway, watch the freakin' playoffs folks. Hockey is officially back. >>

When I was in St. Louis KSHE had a pig with sunglasses as their logo. Do they still use this?
  • Options
    I think Sweet Meat is still on some KSHE bumper stickers, but he's kinda lost his iconic status. Too bad, really.
  • Options
    JrMacdaddyJrMacdaddy Posts: 506 ✭✭

<< <i>Don't tell that to the yankees! >>

Even in a hockey thread you have to get your New York digs in.

Have you no shame?
  • Options
    JrMacdaddyJrMacdaddy Posts: 506 ✭✭
    Knuckles, that was a great clip.

Back in the glory days I hated the Oilers. Now, I can't wait to see them win the whole thing.

Rollie the goalie called into the local sports radio station on a regular basis when he was in Minnesota. I hope he wins the Conn Smythe trophy.

• Options

<< <i>Knuckles, that was a great clip.

Back in the glory days I hated the Oilers. Now, I can't wait to see them win the whole thing.

Rollie the goalie called into the local sports radio station on a regular basis when he was in Minnesota. I hope he wins the Conn Smythe trophy. >>

I'm just the opposite. I loved the Gretzky-era Oilers, but once they beat Detroit, I've found myself rooting against them. Guess I want to see a team win its first Cup this year. However, I could certainly find comfort in a small-market Canadian team winning the Cup.