Home Sports Talk
Options

Colin Cowherd

I love this guy. He brings it everyday on ESPN radio. He tries to offend as many as possible and it's very endearing. Try him out when you get a chance.

Brent
Collecting:
Bo Jackson Basic(#1) and Master(#1)
Bob Feller Basic(#4)
Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I used to listen to him but he's gotten to be pretty annoying lately...just no real catch.

Someone I'm a big fan of is Doug Gottlieb. He's on the evening/night show on espn radio, and he's a great listen. His stories about playing ball in orange county are always hillarious, and he's not afraid to call out a player who's dogging it, or who's just being a moron.

I wish they'd replace Kasilius (spelling?) in the afternoon slot with Gottlieb.

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the thing about Colin Cowherd - about 50% of the time he is right on the money, and about 50% of the time he makes me furious for his stupidity. In otherwords, he is very polorizing.

Shane

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is the thing about Colin Cowherd - about 50% of the time he is right on the money, and about 50% of the time he makes me furious for his stupidity. In otherwords, he is very polorizing. >>

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Here is the thing about Colin Cowherd - about 50% of the time he is right on the money, and about 50% of the time he makes me furious for his stupidity. In otherwords, he is very polorizing. >>

I think he's pretty refreshing, although the one thing I could absolutely do without is when he breaks into his African-American impersonations. Like today, for instance, when he's talking about the stupidity of 20-26 yr. old men, and how every young woman thinks she has an exception, and he starts in with this 'Not my man!' stuff in a falsetto voice that sounds like a horrible impersonation of a black woman's voice. It's not that I'm offended by it so much as it is that he does it so poorly.

You can also catch this whenever he starts calling people 'dog', as in 'You gotta play harder than that, dog', or something similar.
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭

<< <i>

I couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Funny thing I agree with Cowherd about 9 out of 10 times possibly more.

As for Gottlieb becareful to use some of the stats and things he says as he is VERY often incorrect on his stats and factual data.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I like Gottlieb a lot also. He isn't afraid to say anything. Kasilius is okay, but his bit doesn't seem to change too much...
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>I like Gottlieb a lot also. He isn't afraid to say anything. Kasilius is okay, but his bit doesn't seem to change too much... >>

I agree, he seems to have a lot of the same rants. I remember when ESPN first put Kasillius on the air, it was him and his brother, then his brother stopped doing the show and it was never really stated why. Anyone know why?

I wonder if Tony K., now that he's even further back in the Disney fold and isn't doing his washington DC radio show anymore, has any chance of doing an ESPN radio show again? Man he's great on the radio.