Do you remember this? Malarchuck injury

WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
I never saw this before!!

WARNING: Not for the faint of heart.

Hockey Accident
Wondo

Comments

• JrMacdaddyJrMacdaddy Posts: 506 ✭✭
    Remember it on the news. Never watched it and don't plan on watching it now.
  • Remember it like it was yesterday, if I remember correctly, two mornings later he was on a morning news show, but I was only 13 then!
  • yep, it was the one time i actually cared about a hockey highlight!
  • WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    He apparantly played a week later - amazing!
    Wondo

• Reason why a lot of goalies wear that neck guard piece now.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • I remember the trainer or medical staff on duty had to litterally stick all of his fingers down Malarchuk's throat to stop the bleeding and yes, he was back within a week--pretty amazing.
    Jay
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I'll never forget it. I was spending the night at my cousin's that night and we must've stayed up until 3 a.m. to watch it as many times as possible. It was so unreal. Steve Tuttle's skate, right? The funny thing is, I'm not really sure if I want to watch it again.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I remember seeing it on tv once, and remembered how horrifying it looked.

I definitely don't want to see it again, but to think how quickly he was playing again is remarkable. Throw in the fact it pushed safety gear forward for goalies is a huge plus, too.

• WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I've never seen that. Good to hear he was ok. Yeah, I've downloaded a lot of things before that will never get out of my head. Stuff much much worse than that, so my stomach has become immune to seeing things like that now.
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Ouch, that's nasty image
  • yup, that's one of a few sports related things that stick in my mind, my biggest though was watching Jeopardy on the Philly TV station in early Nov 1985, when the news ticker came across announcing Pelle Lindbergh was brain dead after a car accident (crashed his Porsche into a brick wall in a residential neighborhood). I had just seen him play in Philly only days before.

remember Billy Wagner a couple of years ago shattering his face getting hit with a line drive back up the box?

Don Slaught in 1986 getting hit in the face with a pitch?

Moisis Alou's leg shattering at second base? Speaking of legs... Joe Theisman getting retired by LT on tv?
  • I was there. quie a few people left after that. many white faces after that incident. carziest thing ever