Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Its 7:15 and I just got home from work.......

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
Did I miss any Roosie news? image

Its hard to concentrate at work when all you want to do is come home and stare at Nick's MS67FB set! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Paul you work nights.

Not much going on in the Roosies or any other dimes as far as that goes. Kind of boring out here. I keep signing on hoping to see something but nada.

I'm between jobs rith now. Sure wish I had one.

Later, Jon
  • Options
    Jon:

I couldn't sleep more then a couple of hours cause I have dimes on the brain! I'm wondering if others have the same problem with thinking about coins when they are at work or dreaming of them when they sleep.

I officially have "Roosieitis!" Its an inflammation of the wallet caused by writing to many checks. Its caused by Dime guys sending me PM's trying to sell me Dimes at great prices. The only cure is to work as many hours as humanly possible w/o missing key date Dimes on eBay or Teletrade.

I have to go now and take some pills or drink something! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    That's funny, I go to work just to feed my addiction to dimes. I am dreaming at work right now about the superior auction coming up and how I am going to work one of those little disc into my collection without blowing my budget. Paul you always have the topics that make you ponder!!!
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's funny, I go to work just to feed my addiction to dimes. >>

I think the US MINT is involved in a secret conspiracy. This involves a special coating being applied to coins, thereby making the handling of said coins highly addictive. I also believe that Roosevelt dimes get a double coating during this process. So far I can't find proof that this double coating is in fact intentional, or just another foulup by mint employees.
    But rest assured, I will get to the bottom of this, even if I have to buy every dime ever minted.
    Dan
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps this will help as I know the feeling well.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys are tooooo much. Now that my Roosevelt dime set is pretty much complete I have been
    dreaming of wash quarters lately with the addition of about 15 upgrades. I need to sell a lot of Roosies
    to help pay for the quarters I just added.

Paul, the Roosie news you missed was...... I made a 52P 67FB, its offered to a registry collector that
    I haven't heard back from yet, I made a 48D, 49D, and 50D in 67FB, all on ebay with $.99 start no reserves.
    Rainbowroosie made an NGC 52S 68*FT that sold on ebay for over $2500. Wow!!!!. NGC 67*FT and 68*FT
    Roosies are one of the hottest series right now...Mike Rokowski made 2 1970D MS68FT Roosies at NGC.
    We will see if they cross.....

That's about it Paul.....

Nick
  • Options
    Nick:

It simply amazes me that you try, try, and try again to go to those ugly quarters of yours, but you keep coming back to the ROOSIES! They call to you in your sleep don't they? They say things like "Send me into PCGS and make me into a 7FB Nick!"

Yes, I noticed that LSBrown has the other 57-P in his set. Good for Dr. Brown! That guy is the next Louis Eliasberg! Have you seen his sets? He has more complete sets then I have coins.

Yes, I noticed that you have for sale those coins listed on eBay.

Other Roosie news is staggering...that JHF may have more up-grades for his silver set!? image

Mike has the eye...he has made a few of my dimes. I havn't heard from him in a long time. Hope he gets those 70-D's to cross.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Wow some SUPER nice coins being made.
    And not 1 but 2 1970-D MS68FB's, you go Mike Rokowski.
    I'm sorry to say I don't know Mike. But at this rate he's bound for nomination into the Roosie "HERO" hall of fame.
    Dan
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> think the US MINT is involved in a secret conspiracy. This involves a special coating being applied to coins, thereby making the handling of said coins highly addictive. >>

But the Quarters and Half Dollars have more and I know I've been over exposed and will die with a smile on my face from it.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Wow...........the world according to Roosie! And a fine world it is.......

Without the diehard Rosy collectors, this forun would be pretty boring - hat's off to the Rosy guys! Hip hip horray! image

So.....................Paul, no one is offering me any Rosy's! Guess them BLUE roosies are hard to find! But, I may have some especially sweet PCGS MS67FB coins available shortly - and I mean some very pretty toned coins like a 47S, 48P, and perhaps two 59P's. Stay tuned - file in a week or two.

Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!