Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Completed my proof Ike set PCGS PR69 DCAM

And now on to circulation strikes, sorry no photos and I know to some this is no big deal but I had to start someplace and it's mine all mine---Tom
Support your local gunslinger, you never know when you'll need him

Comments

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! You'll have some fun with the circsimage.

Are you making them yourself or buying them slabbed?
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on completing your registry set! image Have fun with the circs!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Think I started two threads on this without realizing it, my appoligies still getting used to this.
    I have a bunch of uncirc rolls but I'm not very confident of my grading skills so maybe look grade 1st than compare to what I have---any advice would be appriciated---Tom
  • Options
    tough set--congratulations
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    <<I have a bunch of uncirc rolls but I'm not very confident of my grading skills so maybe look grade 1st than compare to what I have---any advice would be appriciated>>

Hi Tom,
    Welcome to Ikeland!image Circulated Ikes are VERY tough to find in HIGH grades.....My advice
    would be to pull the best 2 coins out of each roll and then compare them to graded ones pictured on
    Teletrade or even the Heritage auctions. Both have pretty good pics to compare. Now, some MAY be
    overgraded......but it will give you a good reference. If you can take good pics or scans and can post
    some of the best ones on the Forum,....there are plenty of Ike Guys that can render you their opinions.
    GOOD LUCK!

Brian

I LOVE image TALON HEADS, PEG LEGS AND ERROR IKES! image
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice Brian, I'll take it and start this project next week---Tom
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Anyplace good you were finding them at?

I need a few proof Eisenhowers myself image
  • Options
    Most of my rolls came from a family friend and others were picked up on ebay when I liked the price(Rolls ,unopened Mint or Proof sets) seems like quality rolls are harder to find these days.
    Didn't see any Ike rolls at Long Beach but I arrived late on saturday
    Sorry not much help just keep checking, if you run your search on ebay under Eisenhower search "rolls" under rolls search "Eisenhower" and "Ike" hope that helps---Tom

• Options
    Congrats, very nice image
  • Options
  • Options
    Way to go!

A PR69dcam set is on my list of future endeavors. Franklins, Kennedys, Ikes. I love all things big and shiny.
    ---Larry---

More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits." - John Nelson.
  • Options
    AU58WALKERSAU58WALKERS Posts: 3,562
    CONGRATS!
    I just finished mine a few minutes ago.
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• Options
    Congratulations! image I have four of these and have thought of collecting the complete set, but too many other priorities!

Cartwheel