Home Sports Talk
Options

Raptors get top pick in lottery

Not that it means much, but the Raptors won the lottery. Any chance they actually do something right with the pick?
Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)

Comments

• Options
    I think they'll pick Morrison with it. Now, they could trade it and bring in somebody who'll have a larger immediate impact but having Morrison-Charlie V-Bosh as your forwards aren't bad building blocks imo. Is Morrison worth the #1 overall, well no one in the draft is.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I think they'll pick Morrison with it. Now, they could trade it and bring in somebody who'll have a larger immediate impact but having Morrison-Charlie V-Bosh as your forwards aren't bad building blocks imo. Is Morrison worth the #1 overall, well no one in the draft is. >>

I'd be quite surprised if they didn't take Tyrus Thomas or Lamarcus Aldridge. I agree, though, that this isn't much of a draft class. From a sports card perspective years like this must hurt UD and Topps pretty badly.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I don't see that overwhelming number one pick, so I don't think there will be many teams pushing to trade up to #1.

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I think whoever actually has the 1st pick when it get to draft time will take the Italian guy. Toronto would be stupid to not trade down if anyone had interest in the pick. I believe Adam Morrison will be a huge bust in the NBA and whatever team takes him is going to regret it for years to come.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    This is a draby draft with no real "franchise" players available. Interesting they stuck the lottery thing on a weeknight instead of the more high profile weekend, I guess knowing that not many people were
    interested anyway.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Agreed....a poor draft, at least with the lack of an immediate impact player or two at the top. Still there are some nice players, though no concensus star. The belief up here is that Colangelo will almost certainly deal the pick. The Raps desperately need a big body in the middle and a pure point guard, especially if they chose to let Mike James walk. I suspect they will trade down a few spots (for a lower pick and a big man) and then draft Marcus Williams with this lower pick.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Every year it seems that there are less and less impact players in the NBA draft. Unbelievable, but true. Maybe the age rules will start to force High Schoolers to go to College and learn some fundamentals to go with the God given talents that they have been blessed with. If that happens, then you start to see some impact players develop and become available in the NBA draft again.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards