Home Sports Talk
Options

Mark Mulder; your thoughts....

I've been a fan of this pitcher since his time in Oakland. He's lifetime W-L record is 102-51 and he's 28 years old. I think with the team he's with he's got an outside shot at 250-300 wins for his career; he's had 5 years already of 15 or more wins and his current record is 5-1(or 5-2 not sure). He doesn't have a powerful fastball, but he's got a real dropping curve. What are your opinions on him?
Collecting;
Mark Mulder rookies
Chipper Jones rookies
Orlando Cabrera rookies
Lawrence Taylor
Sam Huff
Lavar Arrington
NY Giants
NY Yankees
NJ Nets
NJ Devils
1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
GregM13
VintageJeff

Comments

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    My opinion is he's a really good pitcher.

The days of pitchers getting 300 wins, though, are nearly over.

If he would get 15 wins a year (approx. his average over 6 year career) until he's 40, he still wouldn't have 300. Throw in an injury or two, and it's more likely he ends his career in the 200-225 win range. Still very solid.

shawn
  • Options
    The next 5-6 years are the critical ones for him. He should be in his prime right now. As long as his arm holds up and he has no serious injuries, I think 250 is possible.

300 wins will be a tough number to reach. Glavine should do it. Pedro Martinez might do it. Randy Johnson and Mike Mussina have a shot. Andy Pettite is a darkhorse for 300. After that there is a drop off to guys like Mulder, Tim Hudson and Barry Zito. String along a few great seasons and the number looks reachable. I will say however that I think Roy Oswalt could do it if he stays on the pace he's been on.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)