Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Fiinaly finished my PR69 DCAM Ike set

Wish I knew how to photo them but oh well It's mine, so now the next project needs to be figuered out i was thinking circulated Strike Ikes but not sure.---Tom
Support your local gunslinger, you never know when you'll need him

Comments

• Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    Congrats. I like this set because it's small and fairly affordable. I photographed my proof Ike set a while back. Unfortunately, I had to shrink each down to be able to post here. Enjoy!

• Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Nice...I've just started on my set....and I did the MS Ikes first image

or rather, am still working on the MS Ikes....
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Nice Pics.....actually, I was wondering if I could steal the pics from teletrade and add them to my set for the ones I have bought
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Go for the circulated set! You'll have a better shot at having a unique set instead of being tied at 13th spot with a 100,00 other folks! Additionally, at least I have found, you'll get a better appreciation for the IKE dollar with the circulated set and have a much better shot at getting high grade coins! The next step up in the proof set is the MS70 which amounts to a second mortgage whereas the MS67 circulated coins can be had for only a couple of grand!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>whereas the MS67 circulated coins can be had for only a couple of grand! >>

Ship 'em to me!!!!! I will buy ANY & ALL PCGS MS67 CLAD IKE's at "only a couple of grand" ea.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boothill40 >>

Congrats on a job well done
    And best wishes on your next quest. image
    Dan
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrates on getting it complete. Only two more to go for me.
    The MS set is fun but MS67 for some of them is really pushing the envelope. The silver MS coins are easy in 67 & some 68's, the clads in 65 and maybe some 66's is very doable. Now if you really want to do them all the Varity coins are just way out there in anything above 64.
    And that guy above called GrandAM can be a great help in the quest for Ike's I got a few of mine from him. He happens to have the next set down after the ones that are going to be at Long Beach.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>GrandAm,,, He happens to have the next set down after the ones that are going to be at Long Beach. >>

Thanks Syl,,,,,,,,

When you are #3 you have to TRY HARDER!!!! image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭

Congrats on completing the set.

-----------

etexmike
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>whereas the MS67 circulated coins can be had for only a couple of grand! >>

Ship 'em to me!!!!! I will buy ANY & ALL PCGS MS67 CLAD IKE's at "only a couple of grand" ea.

GrandAm image >>

OK ........ make that a couple of grands! Better yet, at least three can be had for less than 5 grand which would be a lot easier than procuring those MS70 IKE's which would be required to break out of "tied for 13th".
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the Replies, I think my next goal will be the MS circulation set as I have about 30 rolls sitting her to go through but may just look for them already graded any oppinions--Tom

PS I'm not real confident in my grading abilities

Sorry for starting two threads on this, just couldn't sleep and while looking at them posted the other thread without thinking
    Support your local gunslinger, you never know when you'll need him