Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Question about 1991 Stadium Club goldless variation

Is this considered a true variation? I can't find where it is listed as such in the Dan Master set listing that I have - and it has every variation that exists (at least I thought so...). In addition, I can't find anything about it in the 2005 master card guide that I have (I think it was publisehd by SCD???).

I would appreciate any insight.

Regards,

Greg M.
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Greg...

Are you refering to the Stadium Club cards that are missing the gold foil?

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Greg...

Are you refering to the Stadium Club cards that are missing the gold foil?

Donato >>

Exactly
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg...

I don't think those cards are considered variations by Beckett or SCD or other price guides. These sheets went through the complete printing process, but were pulled before the gold foil was added. I have these cards in the standard 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" and oversized 2-5/8" x 3-5/8" cards. Because some of the cards exist in oversized format, I beleive the pulled sheets were cut by outside sources not at the printing factory. The ones that are standard card sizes may have been cut at the factory before someone noticed the gold foil was missing, but for the most part I believe they were cut outside the printing factory.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)