Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Am I Overreacting

I'm sorry but this makes my blood boil

I won an item on ebay, Sent prompt payment, The check has cleared, I sent the seller an email asking what the status was, His response was he'll ship it out 5/31 cause it his policy, His ebay add says nothing about holding checks 2 weeks after the check has already cleared.

I told him to keep the card and take his ebay fees out and send me a refund. I can post the emails and copy of cleared check if need.

What would you guys do here

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Honestly? I'd probably wait until the 31st, then leave + feedback when I got the card.

Whenever you have to ask if you're overreacting you probably are.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I guess the card was not that important to you then.

I would have waited for it. Then i would have moved on. NO feedback.

has happened to me before. If I am forced to send payment by mail I try to use a MO.

you did not say when you won the card. So i am only going by what you have said.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    My opinion - just wait. He will send it per his policy. Its common for ebay sellers to hold on sending the product until 2 weeks after the check was cashed. Even in today's age of 2 day bank clearance. Especially if you've not done business with him/her before. Heck - a lot of sellers on ebay wait to mail winning lots until a week later regardless of payment type used. IF the seller has decent feedback, you shouldn't worry.

Not something to get excited about in my opinion. If you don't like the policy, just scratch him off your seller list for the future.

Or...pay via MO/paypal.
  • Options
    Just hold on my friend. 5 weeks from now, it won't even be a blipp in your memory & you will have your card. Then if you so choose, don't bid on his auctions again. Life is too short.
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    what i hate is when they wait a month and an email before sending something that you paid with via paypal, and they demand payment within 7 days.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Most sellers hold checks for awhile. I would wait for the card. IF he doesn't ship it promptly, then I'd be upset.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    It's annoying when that happens, but he should have had it in his listing.

I had one seller hold an item for 10 days after I made an Instant PayPal payment, because she was waiting for the transfer from PayPal to her bank - needless to say, that was the last purchase I made from her.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I wouldn't get mad for reasons already stated. A friend of mine had a check bounce two weeks after he deposited it, so I can understand why sellers wait, especially for high dollar items.

Actually, it's hit the point where I'm just happy if I get what I paid for off of ebay, assuming it's within a reasonable time frame (for me, 2-4 weeks). Even with graded cards, issues arise (such as the seller sending a card different from what was pictured in the auction, tampered slabs, etc.). And, shoot, a raw card that's actually as described is a jewel of a transaction even if it arrives in the next season. Of course, those sellers are usually the ones who ship promptly.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I have waited 2 weeks many times to recieve a card even with pay pal.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    LEDFOOTLEDFOOT Posts: 117
    This is over a $23.00 card.

And my feedback rating is almost 500.