Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

72 Reds Rookies PSA 9

Friggin a, somebody knows I need this to complete my set and is bidding against me card up to $761 now, that is friggin absurd...what do i do?

EO

Comments

• Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    herbitzer is no slouch. He is a high end collector.
  • Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    snipe.
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    snipe; and make your registry private for the last 5%.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    EOMINTEOMINT Posts: 349
    I am Herbetizer lol...thank u for saying Im no slouch!
  • Options
    I just outbid the other guy...why not. I mean I saw some other guy pay like $5K for a 69 Brock, now that is INSANE!!! Just kidding Gaspipe
  • Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    I don't know if hiding your set on the registry makes a difference or not...but I wouldnt want to show my hand which cards i'm bidding on. I can't tell how many times I ran into the same people over and over bidding me up only to take the card from me. And it wasnt always a case of me not putting in my max bid...it was all timing.
    It's cool that someone said you were no slouch not knowing it was you!!
    I hope to be there someday! image
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    I was trying to be funny. I knew it was you. Cant wait til the Brock gets here.
  • Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    Eric> I will say that he's been bidding pretty big money on 70-74 PSA9 & 10 stuff lately. Looks like it's not just you he's run up a bit.

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭

<< <i>Eric> I will say that he's been bidding pretty big money on 70-74 PSA9 & 10 stuff lately. Looks like it's not just you he's run up a bit.

Mike >>

Agreed...he just won a low pop PSA 10 from me this weekend and paid a strong price for it. If you see his bid history he is paying strongly across the board on a lot of things. I don't think he's out to get you.
  • Options
    I haven't seen stfu888 lose an auction yet. Money doesn't seem to matter to him. He won a PSA 8 '72 lot from me and paid the next day.

He uses a second ID too - gregf5087. It just seems like he's out to get some of us because he bids on every 1972 PSA 8, 9 or 10 he doesn't have. I wish I had that kind of disposable income!

Good luck to all!
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone expect this one of a kind PSA 9 to go for cheap??????............................The bidding ain't over yet!! ( although it is for me)
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Wow, that's not even a borderline 9. That's a good lookin' card there.

$785....sheesh....but, think about it....you already have a built in $100 "discount" if you figure what the 8 will get you when you sell it from the upgrade. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Friggin a, somebody knows I need this to complete my set and is bidding against me card up to $761 now, that is friggin absurd...what do i do? >>

There have been 13 bids placed at present and you have placed 8 of them. Why you are not sniping this card is beyond me. Either snipe it or put your max bid in as gaspipe did on the Brock and be done with it.

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Too ruch for my blood...

I got notified that my $300 snipe bid was passed. When I saw where the bidding was, I just canceled it rather than upping it.

The sad part is, that if this card had come up a year ago, that EO would have won it at $305.00 with me being the first underbidder. Timing was just bad on this one. Greg doesn't seem to mind spending. Since I already have an 8 - I'll let you guys battle it out.

Frank
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    I got it. Now Im sure another 5 will come out of the woodwork given the price tag...FB u should be able to get the next one for 300, probably within a week lol....
  • Options
    Incredible.
    Whoever said we wash away with the rain ?
  • Options
    EO,

I'll probably lose the next one in a week or so at $300+ to stfu888. But the one after that will be mine just below $200. One thing about PSA... They will make more...

Frank
    Frank Bakka

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    I'm printing them down the basement now! lol
  • Options
    Well, just mailed off the check for the card...down to 3 left the Mcrae IA , #96 Leaders, and Dave Marshall #673.

Please feel free to offer me at a fair price (yeah right) any of these...I'm willing to get raped on the Mcrae but not on the other two.

EO
  • Options
    You missed #96 when I had one up a few months back.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    My opinion is the McRae IA card will stand the test of time and end up being the most difficult to find in 9 for many, many years.

Good Luck EO.

Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    I had that McCrae IA, but traded it for several key cards including that Blue IA and Henderson in PSA 8 among a few other cards a few months back. Barkus made me a deal that I couldn't refuse, but that sure was a nice card!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Arny,

U had the Mcrae IA in a 9 and didnt offer it to me? Is this the same Arny that I sent a litany of 72 8s and dupe 9s to for free awhile back. If u really had the Mcrae IA and didnt offer it up to me, I am sorely disappointed.
  • Options
    Not a 9, had an 8. Sorry that I didn't clarify that. image

I do have a Joe Morgan Traded in PSA 9 if you are interested. Drop me a PM if you are.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>My opinion is the McRae IA card will stand the test of time and end up being the most difficult to find in 9 for many, many years.

Good Luck EO. >>

I agree. The PSA 8 pop on that card is skewed since I had a nice 8 that I resubmitted at least twice in hopes of getting the second 9.
    Whoever said we wash away with the rain ?
  • Options
    How tough is that Blue IA in 9? I just found a new group that I didnt know I had. Several were worthy of 9's. I just sent them off.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    The Blue IA is among the top ten toughest in PSA 8 or above....It is one of the 8 cards i need to complete MY set...................There are only three PSA 9s out there. ( No 10s)
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    Keep on the lookout in a month. I should have available in both grades.
  • Options
    EO,

I'm betting that Arny had the McRae IA in a PSA 8. Its still quite a booger even in 8. I think that I paid $75 for my PSA 9 when it was a 1/1 back about 4 years ago. But, then again there were over 100 diferent 1/1's at the time in the Pop report so it seemed kind of pricey at the time. It may seem like a deal now, but not when you consider that I probably bought 50 different 1/1's at $75 that are now 1 of 26!

The only saving grace is that roughly half my set is made up of cards that I submitted myself.

Frank
    Frank Bakka

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!