Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB 1971 D RDV-006 Ike's

I am looking for some nice examples of this Ike.

If you have any for sale let me know your ask price.
(PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN

Comments

• Options
    Still looking.

(PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN
  • Options
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite varieties. image I recently got two of them back from PCGS graded MS63 and MS64. Thought for sure one was MS65. Got 8 more to send in. image Good luck finding one. I search 71Ds every chance I get in hopes of finding them. They are scarce.
  • Options
    rdunnitrdunnit Posts: 340 ✭✭
    What are the RDV-006 71-D Ikes? I have no reference book on Ikes and am unfamiliar with them.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    Any luck finding any yet? If not, send me a PM and I might be able to help you.
  • Options
    artimusartimus Posts: 684
    please explain what the rdv-006 means... i know if i dont know what it is .....then i dont have one......but if i know what it is.....i might come across one......and i will be better educated also...lol...thanks in advance
  • Options
    I am new to coin collecting and I need to better educated about coins, but I do have (6) 1971 Ike dollars, but I am confused about the discription you specified and also where would I locate the "D". If you could further educate me maybe I may have what you are looking for. I have to be honest, they do have some tarnish on them, but everything is clear. Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    OffMetalOffMetal Posts: 1,684
    Hello again, Tom.

The mintmark on Ike Dollars are located right under the Eisenhower's bust in the obverse.

Here is a picture I got off an eBay auction:

Hope that helps!

Again, don't be afraid to post this on the main coin forum!

-Ben
    -Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options

<< <i>One of my favorite varieties. image I recently got two of them back from PCGS graded MS63 and MS64. Thought for sure one was MS65. Got 8 more to send in. image Good luck finding one. I search 71Ds every chance I get in hopes of finding them. They are scarce. >>

I have the 71D RDV-006, which is in my Ike variety set under PAD. I noticed it about a year ago while researching Ikes
    and low and behold I have a MS66 RDV-006. Now all I need is for PCGS to officially designate it.
  • Options
    Hi Ben, Thank you so much for you help. I think you mentioned I am posting my reply in the wrong forumn, where should I be clicking into? I am kind of confused about these Ikes I have, I clearly make out everything on the front and the reverse side, but I do not see any Mint Marks. Could it be they have faded off, even if everything else is still clean?
  • Options
    OffMetalOffMetal Posts: 1,684
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that Philadelphia mint coins do not have a mint mark.

-Ben
    -Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA