Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question about '59 Topps "Statement/No Statement" cards? any others?

where can I find a list of all of the different variations and their approximate values so I can check for these?

are there any other errors or variations I should be aware of for this year?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Option statement/no statement cards 316,321,322,336,362
    the cards without the option statement are the tougher ones.

Spahn variation- born '31, born '21, born '31 with 3 obscured

edited to say- easiest way to find the main variations of any given set is to go to the registry, click on the master set, and assuming PSA has included them in the registry they will be there. There are variations that PSA has yet to add to the master sets, so the list isn't definitive. There is a website that lists all variations for all modern (post WW2) sets, but I can't locate it.
    This site has a partial list

'50's variations

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    The variations are:
    #316 Ralph Lumenti
    #321 Bob Giallombardo
    #322 Harry Hanebrink
    #336 Billy Loes
    #362 Dolan Nichols

PSA set registry lists these variations with NO STATEMENT as 4-1 in value. Beckett list them at about 16-1........................being a set collector and owning all the variations I would estimate the variations should be valued about 10-1.

Card # 40 Warren Spahn has three variations the difference being the birthdate. ( born in 21, born in 31, born in 31 with "3" obscured). The born in 21 ( which is incorrect) is the easiest to find. The other two are probaly both equally hard to fine at about a 2 or 3 to 1 basis.

The third series of the set (cards # 199 - 286) , come in both green and white ( tan) backs niether of which is any harder to find.

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    so you're saying the "No statement" cards are worth 10x the w/statement ones....in your opinion?
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    IMHO, yes......at least 10X...... althought the pop report differs depending on the card. The Lumenti card with NO STATEMENT is very tough to find, in any grade.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    I like to use this list for the variations....

59 Topps
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

<< <i>where can I find a list of all of the different variations and their approximate values so I can check for these?

are there any other errors or variations I should be aware of for this year?

Thanks! >>

A year or so ago it was stated in one of the trade pubs that the Haywood Sullivan #416 has a variation also.On the back of the card it states c T.G.C printed in USA. and the common one has the c circled as all the other 59s are.I do have the variation without the circled c.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)