Home Metal Detecting
Options

here's my relic. if you can call it that

from what i understand this was used to wind up your watch back in the day. i think it's pretty cool! it has some gilt on it and also has a yellowish/brown stone at the top. found in maine also. thanks for looking. peace
"see ya at the beach"
imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    I agree. Very cool find... and yes, that'd be a top contender (in my opinion) for relic of the month!

HH, Rick
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat lookin' relic, and it's certainly Victorian, but it doesn't quite look like a watch stem to me.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>Neat lookin' relic, and it's certainly Victorian, but it doesn't quite look like a watch stem to me. >>

what do you think it could be lord m? thanks.
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Neat lookin' relic, and it's certainly Victorian, but it doesn't quite look like a watch stem to me. >>

My 2c.
    It looks like a cigar punch which was once attached to a chain and/or fob. They were used to punch a draw hole in the end of cigars.

Any one else?
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    very neat looking
    Love them busts!
    I am Looking to Buy California Tokens too.
  • Options
    Your relic is known as a Watch Key...before stem wind pocket watches they used keys to wind the watches up until around 1875 when the first convertible(either key wind or stem wind) watches were invented...some are very valuable.
  • Options
    Your relic is known as a Watch Key...before stem wind pocket watches they used keys to wind the watches up until around 1875 when the first convertible(either key wind or stem wind) watches were invented...some are very valuable.

ok......now i know the difference between a watch key and a watch stem...thanks for the info
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage