Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Well, After almost two years I finally found it....My 1980 D kennedy in ms67!

Or I sould say it found me. My 1980 D kennedy in ms67. I don't have my camera with me or I would snap a quick pic. I just thought I would share my upgrade with you fine folks. This one is from one of the better known kennedy experts around here.

So how long as it taken some of you to find that one coin that makes you smile?
PS
The link is in my sig to my set.

Comments

• Options
    TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598
    Nice pickup! 1980D Kennedy in MS67 not easy to find, been looking myself. Congrads.

Tim
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are really hard to catch. And I bet that it wasn't cheap either.
    As there are only thirty with one better and that one is not even in the top set.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. It wasn't easy to find. This is the first upgrade I have had for this set in over a year now. I am down to the point where if when I find that P washington in ms67, I have only pop 1 or 2 coins left to upgrade. i know where a couple fo them are but doubt the owners wanna to part.

Suprisingly I got a pretty good deal on this coin. The last one for sale before this was sold within hours of posting, and sold for $550+ so yeah these can get up there in price.

I will try to snap some pics this weekend. As soon as I can find that washington I am going to send the whole set in for pedigree and truview. Then I will have some sweet pics to share.

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Great job zkcoins !!!!!

Congratulations

imageimageimage
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long has it taken you ask?

I just added my 1982-No/P MS67FB and I have been wanting one for 4 years. I spent about 30 minutes total looking at it and put it in a blue box, where I may or may not look at it for quite some time.

It IS the thrill of the hunt!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The '80-D is tough. These were actually made pretty nice and gems and PL's abound but
    vitually all of them were damaged by shallow scrapes when being placed in the mint sets.

I've never seen a gem in rolls though I've not looked at that many rolls of these.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So how long as it taken some of you to find that one coin that makes you smile? >>

Zac,
    I am still looking for the ONE that will make me smile........and it too, has been 2 years.
    I think you might know which one it is................. (Check my mint set, if in dought.)